197: insurance (help)

i couldnt find an insurance section, if i'm just being blind then please move this to the correct section!!

I was in a multi story car park today going round and looking for a space as u do, when this little kid jumped out in front of me, str8 away i served out the way to miss it, but in process in doing the i caught the back quater panel on the concreate pilla, right where the quater pannel meets the rear bumper.
now i get a few quotes just a ickle while ago, because of the liquid yellow paint this repair will be around £600 - £1000, now as i dont have this kind of money floating about i was thinking about my insraunce.
i have protected no claims, but i have never made a claim in my life, how would i go about this with my insraunce company?? as i have protected no claims, i'm guessing it wont effect me at all?

thanks for your help guys

it will still affect you as you will have a claim against you but you will still have NCB so you're insurance wont be just as bad as it could have been. Why didn't you get the parents details? they should have been looking after there kid more!

If you can I'd try and go and pay for it yourself after all whats your access? You have to declare a crash (and it will be noted as you're fault!!) for 3 or 5 years depending on the insurance company.

Ah no, hope you get it sorted and it doesn't mess your insurance up.

Would probably have been cheaper to just hit the kid, car damage-wise, might have taught his parents something too. :smiley:

I would be landing the bill on the parents doorstep! They should be grateful enough to pay it!

Hope it is an easy fix for you fella!

i still actually hit the kid, but didnt notice what i hit till i jumped in and tryied pulling away and wondering why i was going no where. accidents happen can hardly blame the parents who were very sorry!
think my excess is £500

If you can get the repair done for less than £1k then I'd say try and find the money yourself with your excess being what it is.

If you can get the repair done for less than £1k then I'd say try and find the money yourself with your excess being what it is.

my excess is only £250, thought it was higher than that, as the repaier is gonna cost that much and i have protected no claims, i guess i'm gonna get it down through the insurance

As above, I would be inclined to pay for it myself. Don't know how old you are but if you are planning on either completing your turbo plans with this, or getting something more exciting then you want as few black marks against you as possible.

If you were planning on running a 1.6 Focus or something else with cheap insurance then fine, but the higher the group the greater the additional premium.

Similar Thread Suggestions