Induction kit KTR vs ITG vs V6 airbox

Racky

Paid Member
Hi all,

Toying with the idea of buying a induction kit for my 200, but can't decide which one.

Seen that the above are the most wanted ones, and that people say ITG is better than KTR, and if you really want performance out of it, the must go is the v6 airbox, but you must relocate the battery.

Anyone has one of the above ? Any opinions ?

Looked on youtube, but can't really make an idea of the sound. Also, are the ITG ones rare on the second hand market ? As new I see them around 300-400 pounds.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Don Hogg
I replaced a stock airbox with a K-Tec induction kit. The K-Tec kit made a great noise, but was perhaps too noisy as it drowned out the sound of the exhaust. I then replaced the K-Tec induction kit with a V6 airbox. The V6 airbox still makes a good throaty nose.

I have not put the car on a dyne since adding the V6 box so could not tell you if there is a performance gain. If Cup Racers used a V6 airbox then there must have been some performance advantages?

Reactions: Racky
There is a thread that a dude did where he changed from stock airbox to ITG maxogen and made 5 or 6 wheel hp, back to back runs on the same day. Raptor also posted dyno results of the V6 airbox making 5hp. I think all 3 of those options will give you similar gains. The ITG and Ktec are just easier and probably cheaper than the V6 airbox.

I'm also looking into this question and decided to go for the v6 box as it seems to be a proven performance upgrade?
They are hard to come by though? Any links to who happen to sell them?

Edit: RPD seems to have them at 175£

You can get the box from RPD. You will need the mounting plate and elbow. I got my plate from Weeder/No. 7 Motorsport. The elbow I got from RSport.

Once you have the pats you then have to work out how to squeeze it all in to the engine bay. Relocating your battery is the easiest option.

You can get the box from RPD. You will need the mounting plate and elbow. I got my plate from Weeder/No. 7 Motorsport. The elbow I got from RSport.

Once you have the pats you then have to work out how to squeeze it all in to the engine bay. Relocating your battery is the easiest option.
Perfect, cheers! Is the filter used for the v6 box model specific?
Battery will go in the back yes.

The box from RPD comes with a standard v6 box filter. You can buy green cotton filters which I think are supposed to give the best performance but I have not got round to that yet.

I had the KTR induction kit installed during this track day
I think most of the bass from the engine came from the kit.

The car was otherwise standard so I doubt I got any real performance improvement, but it did make it sound more purposeful! I especially liked the growl it added when pulling away from junctions.

The box from RPD comes with a standard v6 box filter. You can buy green cotton filters which I think are supposed to give the best performance but I have not got round to that yet.
Thanks, just got the info that RPD doesn't ship outside of UK. I live in Sweden so that is a problem, I really need to search for a european after market supplier, but the scene in the UK is massive. Green with envy over the amount of parts and cars you got over there and the community.