I'm planning to buy a Clio BUT

Hi guys im new :whatever:

im an owner of kia forte koup but im planning to get my hand on clio rs 2012 and sell the kia

But there are things that prevent me from getting one and for that i need your help

1- there is a big thread talking about the gearbox problem
so my question is: is this problem still remaining in the new 2012 model ??

2- ive also read there is Strange noise coming from the engine that will make you change the engine ? is that true ? is this problem still remaining in the new 2012 model ?

3- I can not live without a navigation on my car ,can someone help me on this by getting the right requirement, like the dash kit
NOTE: our dealer does not offer clio with a navigation

4- i cant choose between two colors :whatever:
the white and the dark gray
so if someone can help me on this by uploading some pictures i would be grateful

thank you guys

Last edited:
:welcome:mate answer to your question is gearbox yes still probs engine they all have there own little noises,sat nav easy to install and colour has to be the oyster grey

1 - Probably, though if your buying new you have a warranty
2 - Possibly, though not many engines have blown (compared to similar models from other marques)
3 - Buy a normal sat nav? Cheaper anyway, you can spend the money you save on Recaro's / Cup chassis
4 - Red is the best 200 colour :wink:

1. Cars now have a revised gearbox but i don't know when it came onto the production line
2. Never had a strange engine noise =:O/
3. I wouldn't advise the built in satnav as i would prefer the monitor and you can not have both.
4. Storm Grey is no longer available?

Yes its true that some owners have had problems with gearbox failures but in the grand scheme of things I wouldn't base a buying decision on the problems of a few people.

If you look at other car forums you will find problems with every car, even some Ferraris catch fire and that wouldn't stop me from buying one.

Buy it because its what you desire and what puts a smile on your face.

thank you guys for your replies
mmm so the dark grey is not available ! a guess my color will be wight then
by the way im from United Arab Emirates