I'm New (Please Help)

Right where do I start ............

Ive got a clio 197 and have been doing alot of reading on ecu reseting and fuel. Ive read somewhere that only to use 98 + ron fuel and never to use standard 95 as it can cause damage or running problems? I think this is noncense, however I no the benefits of higher octane fuels.

ive just filled up with tesco 99 ron (momentum fuel)

My questions are simple -

1) will i need to reset the ecu by disconecting the battery and if i do will this affect the alarming system on the car?

2) is it a simple disconnect and leave for approx 30 mins? do i have to press the start button on the car when the battery is disconnected?

please help ;-)

thanks

lee

ahhhhhhhhh hey leeroy, welcome to the site.

yeah 30minutes disconeected then re connect i think no buttons to press. no it wont affect ure alarm just make sure u have radio coding to hand

ive yoused both in the past cant see any diff to be honest
others will prob tell you diff .never disconected sod all

off road modding?

Ive done alot of reading / searching on the site before registering tonight and ive read alot about your supercharger plans.

Leeroy....might I know you from the saxo world???? Or am I just confusing you with someone else???

yeah mate, its currently got no front end and no wheels in my mates garage lol.

<<<<<<<<<< thats y i'm the modfather lol

he he yeha dont forget leeroy.

ull have to come over 1 day and see it in the flesh :smile:

:smile: only if there are no "willies" on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive got a clio 197 and have been doing alot of reading on ecu reseting and fuel. Ive read somewhere that only to use 98 + ron fuel and never to use standard 95 as it can cause damage or running problems? I think this is noncense, however I no the benefits of higher octane fuels.

Its absolute ******** pal, the car is more than capable of coping with the fuel that European countrys has to offer wether it be 95 or some form of Super Unleaded. :thumbup1: