Identify the part….?!

Can anyone identify what the hell this is?!
It’s black plastic and reaches from the just above the bottom hose connection of the radiator up to just under the coolant expansion tank. It looks like it should have a large hose on the top end, but there’s nothing on mine. It’s held in very loosely at the bottom with a rubber anti-vibration type fixing. It’s loose AF. And seems somewhat pointless, at the moment at least. 937BA4C5-CF53-4970-86FA-67276236A4D4.jpeg

Ah excellent. I could just about make out the word resonator on it! Cheers!

as I’m running a KTec induction I assume it’s pointless?

Yeah not needed, it's used to isolate harsh resonance through certain rev ranges on the OEM airbox, but as you got a KTEC intake you can remove it fine (can even doi t on the OEM box, but would just get some harsh noises)

Last edited:
I took off the air resonator box from my car a few weeks ago when I put a V6 airbox in. There are definitely more vibrations in the car without the air resonator. I have noticed things like keyrings on the keys now vibrate when the car is idling. I think you can buy a separate air resonator delete pipe for induction kits - you have probably got one already.

Mines just used on the track so not worried about additional noise.
ripped it out, which took a bit of doing as it was caught up on some wires, but other than that it was only held in by the bottom knob!
Still that 150g weight saving has got to good for at least .01s a lap of Brands…

Cheers lads!

Anyone got any tips on how to get this damn thing out? Luckily the sun has set as I was about to take a saw to it…

It was a bit of a chore.
Mine was caught up in the cabling.
I put a long screwdriver in the hole for a bit of leverage and basically forced it out the bottom while praying I didn’t fuck the radiator!
Think I got lucky.

Anyone got any tips on how to get this damn thing out? Luckily the sun has set as I was about to take a saw to it…

It was a while ago but I'm fairly sure I got at it from underneath the car. there should just be one clip holding it in at the top and it'll pop out from the bottom.

@LiamP Have you tried getting under the car to pull it out?

Ok, thanks for the tips, was being lazy and trying to get it out from the top as it looked like the rad mount would block from below.