i want rid now!!!!

mm i have just p/xed my 197 for a C2 VTS slightly modified black on black stealth mobile , now ill have alot more money in the bank wahoo

the summer is going to kill people who use these types of cars as a daily as fuel is goin to be extremely high .so i ve seen the light and got rid for cheaper tax,fuel,insurance and running costs

mm i have just p/xed my 197 for a C2 VTS slightly modified black on black stealth mobile , now ill have alot more money in the bank wahoo

the summer is going to kill people who use these types of cars as a daily as fuel is goin to be extremely high .so i ve seen the light and got rid for cheaper tax,fuel,insurance and running costs

keep re-assuring yourself! :tongue_smilie:

most people understand the costs before buying cars like these. I find the clio fine compared to other cars ive had. cheap servicing etc... not killing me at all...

keep re-assuring yourself! :tongue_smilie:

most people understand the costs before buying cars like these. I find the clio fine compared to other cars ive had. cheap servicing etc... not killing me at all...

errr ok, i knew about the costs when i bought my 197 3 years ago but sadly circumstances change ie wanting to own my own house, have kids etc changes this. aswell as rising fuel,insurance and service costs ie cam belt discs etc

At the end of the day its only a car and its sole purpose it to get you from A to B

there are more important things to be worrying about in life really

I can see my situation changing in the next couple of years, house, kids, marrage etc. The Clio will probably have to go then too mate. But my missus' car will also have to go so we can get one car that is bigger and cheaper to run. That's why I'm going to try and enjoy the Clio and it's speed etc whilst I can.

yeah ive had my 3 years of fun lol, all the young punks will get to 27 like me and realise theres more to life than zipping about in a clio lol

Well I wouldn't say that mate. I only use my car at the weekends really, it's more of a driving pleasure to get away from day to day life, being able to drive a nice, quick car than anything. When you don't have responsibilities finacially, it doesn't really matter and I love driving. There loads of things you could spend your money on. But I love driving, so spending money on it atm is ok for me.

I'm 24, missus is 27.

Found out my missus was pregnant in March. Bought the Clio in May, wanted a 197 since they came out...

Isofix, good. Great NCAP rating, good. Four Pots = stops quickly, good. Boot big enough to fit the buggy and shopping in, good. Clio full of win on my driveway.

Anybody who has a kiddie will struggle financially in the first twelve months. Life's too short to not have simple luxuries and make the most of things within your given budget. Why save and save and save and then die!?! Life is for living, save up for things you want, borrow as little as you possibly can and enjoy yourself as much as you can. We're renting currently, paying out more than my parents pay on their mortgage for a smaller house less than 2 miles away. The housing market is DEAD right now unless you have a 10% deposit.

Arran, start saving now if you want a mortgage in the next 5-10 years. You won't get one worth paying without a sizeable deposit thanks to the massive f*** up with the banks. Believe me, we tried in March last year and it was extorionate, even with a 5% deposit!!! No car will be cheap to run from now on unless it has the word HYBRID written on the back of it, and it won't be long until they figure out how to shaft the poeple stupid enough to buy these anyway. Get that sticker on the Clio, keep it, buy a buggy that fits the car. Not the other way around. :wink:

Last edited:
Well I wouldn't say that mate. I only use my car at the weekends really, it's more of a driving pleasure to get away from day to day life, being able to drive a nice, quick car than anything. When you don't have responsibilities finacially, it doesn't really matter and I love driving. There loads of things you could spend your money on. But I love driving, so spending money on it atm is ok for me.

yeah thats the problem arran , my clio is a daily so thats part of the problem

just pure cost in this world atm lol

ill be back once i figure out how to win the lotto lol

The new Fabia VRS is avaliable VAT free ATM so its like just over £13k brand new!

I had an old VRS and loved it!

I might be going back if Renaults next Clio isn't better on fuel.

And it's not the fuel price it's everything that comes with a thirsty car. Tax and depriciation are shocking on 200s!

It's a Clio... End of discussion I'd much rather be spending my money where it may rise... Ie my work or a house etc. Or on something worth spending silly money on.
I don't see the point when at the end of the day most pol are going to think you just attached halfords to your clio. 197s a car most dont have a clue about it's expensive to run. Cheap inside. Oh but wait it can turn corners very well! But thEn that's more tires. I'd much rather go buy a new m3 or tts and sit in comfort and reliability and still hit a better mpg...
CRAZY defending a car that is good but not worth wasting the money on. It's not very special prices show this. You probe all hate me but it's not at all a weekend car couldn't think of anything worse for a weekend car.
Nice daily when things were cheap.
197-f1 dotty has a good point but if your happy to spend a small fortune on your silver Clio that's up to you I never mention to start an argument just giving my opinion.

I could afford to spend 1000s a month on petrol but it would be stupid to on a car that is worth 6000
That is why I Want rid there s no pint me having a car that is costing more than it's worth just to run it's silly.

THE END

The clio is clearly not the car for you as you don't seem to understand it's merits but concentrate on it's downfalls. No car is perfect!

I don't personally see the problem in spending so much to run a cheap car. You spend the same amount to run a clio or an M3 (which I don't believe when considering tyres/servicing etc.) but they're completely different cars.

1000s of pounds in petrol in a £6000 car or a £100,000 car doesn't make any difference, £1000 is always £1000!

Nashy watever happened to your 200?

How is it a thread of need?
Just giving my point would much rather spend my money on something worth wild

200 out the window needed a change from the renaults! As for the thread read it again from the start!

test drove, ordered, backed out the depreciation is not good at all! To me it seems you wanted one thing then another then started slating the 197 it was going nowhere really just my opinion.

Sounds like you've made up your mind, however realise that there are plenty of people on here who quite like their 197/200 and obviously aren't exactly going to support the idea that it's not worth owning one.

They do eat petrol but considering the purchase price and the performance you get for the overall cost then they are good cars. There wouldnt be numerous posotive reviews of the car if that weren't true.

I'd even stake a claim that with the mk3s they are being built to a much higher standard, I've had no issues with mine bar the tracking going out. In the same time a colleague with a SEAT he's owned a similar time has just given up the ghost and stuck on his drive.

Go buy a diesel Audi/BMW, and in 6 months you'll be bored s^&*less. Even 'fast' diesels don't have any of the drama that makes driving fun.

Nasty I'm not having a go justvasking for avreason y you never got the 200 and it seems the same as why I'm getting rid.
I have conciderd soooo many cars but lack of time has ment I kept the car but after working out costs etc it's just silly I love the Clio just aunt worth it's costs.
Sorry for causing n argument I probe won't like the diesel but my wallet will
And as a lot say it's only a car I would much rather havebthe money to spend on other luxuries
Or the gf. Well she wishes.

Sorry nasty, I have had a long day so am easily argumentative