i want rid now!!!!

right i recently put a thread up in the motors section about a new car, i have re invested alot of money if other things so that idea has kinda gone out of the window.

i now just want rid of the 197.

i drove it to work today down the motorway for once.

hate it :-(

so loud
over rev
even on coils it feels bit **** sometimes.

i use to love it, but the cost of running one every day with the petrol prices and costs is silly i think...

it has had the service light on for well over 5k miles now... not goods i know but i just have not had the time :-(
i have really just fallen out of love with it. It needs to have its new pads fitted but yet again by the time im home from work its very late and i just have no time again and i aint paying out for someone else to do that for me :smile:

i just want something comfy/fast.

not just fast and cheap...

i am ranting a lil i do like the car its just not for me anymore.
it is never a car to want to go in the slow lane.
its always a car that wants to visit the petrol station.
and yes i treat it like **** and it still works... (bout the only good thing)

some days it feels sooooooo **** and others amazing. but no matter what the day is i will use almost half a tank A DAY!!!!!

now even though i can afford to run the car daily i just think its stupid doing so.

i want something cheaper to run day to day. nicer to be in.
and a nice sound system with an ipod connector!!!! lol

im thinking new mini works
or abarth 500 esseee

or bmw 1d
or bmw 3d

i have even looked at the new tt.
or gold gtd
or the old r32 (this one is a silly idea again) but comfy :smile:

i just dont love the ultra anymore.
and it really dont help the fact that over one year i have lost more on this car than my gransport i have.
that i bought for £30 and its probs worth more now!!!!! wtf its a clio and i bought the damn thing cheap anyways.

its currently sat on 50k miles with miltek kw v1 and black powder coated wheels. keyless 6 cd changer all the basics...

what would you say its worth if i went into a dealers tomorrow and asked to part x it. i have been offerd 8500 last year i would say lucky to get 5 now?

maybe some1 on here wants to buy?

despite what i have said above its a lovely car, and will not break :smile:

Well saying you have drove it for 5k with the service light on won't help!! Lol

You haven't exactly given the best advert for your car! I doubt you will find anyone on here willing to buy so best try pistonheads/autotrader/part ex. I would say your part ex would be somewhere around £6k which like you say, isn't good.

Wouldn't look at the mini or 500, they're going to have similar problems to the clio. You need a bigger car for motorway driving.

I'd say the BMW diesels are a good choice

lol i was joking around i wouldnt want to sell it to any1 on here, i would only ever part x it.

its the first time for weeks i have driven the motorway way to work so i dont need a car for the motorway just want something with the extras that make it a nicer place to be.

i am being pushed towards the 3 series diesels by my dad, we do share a weekend toy so im not to botherd on the really speedy things but then again i am young and do like the toy cars like the abarth and jcw.

i act went to mini wycombe on sat and what was sat looking at me a jcw gp :worried: god id love one of these but yet again its a mini which i had before and it will no doubt break. ;( ****ing cars!

the one things i love about my clio is the looks it gets also the fact its never gone wrong... (touch wood)

the only thing thats gone wrong is an aftermarket exhaust i added...

Bloody hell if your young and have the cash go and get what you want life is far too short so go and bloody enjoy it!!

BMW 123d, probably the most fun you will get out of something thats not too expensive to buy, economical, reliable and ok on long journeys

One minute your wanting a 25k car, The next you can't afford to to keep putting petrol in a clio mmmmmmm! 17k since it's last service, looks like the damage has been done!

Errrmmm reading the above post confused me. U bought a sports car and u moan at petrol prices. The car u have is better than any bmw 1 series they are lifeless and dead renault build quality isnt the best but wen im throwing a car round a track i dont think " oh the dash is plastic" or "oh it hurts my ears" if u can buy a car thats under 15k and is as fast and as nimble around bends as a 197 tell me cus ill buy 1 too.

U were talking about rs4's the other day they return 15mpg and wen u toe them they make a racket. Service costs for audi/bmw are double renaults. I dont think u know what u want mate. Im not having a go its just i think nothing adds up.

Hope u get sorted soon

might be time to step out of dream world, petrol will be hitting 150p + a litre come summer so you need to make a wise decision

i love this quote too

"despite what i have said above its a lovely car, and will not break :smile:"

lol

Our lass has a 120d - cheap to run but boring!

I would'nt worry about the 5 k over - modern synthetic oils are very good, certainly better than doing serveral trackdays between services then getting it done on time!

GL with the sale, if you are going to PX it, then let me know, i might do a deal on the KW's for some standard items :smile:

You have specced a car no manufacturer makes or will ever be able to make! Tbh, why don't you put thr car back to standard? After all, you put the exhaust on, you put the lower and stiffer suspension on and you are the one that cba to maintain it.

I think you need to take a day off, do all the work on it, service, pads, return to standard etc. Once you have done this, take another day off and drive some roads these cars were made for. Not the motorway!

We own both a 197 and Abarth 500.

On the 500 front for being more economical...it certainly is but the thing has a tiny fuel tank 40ltr.

You'd want a normal power 500 for economy instead of the ss but it's nowhere near as much fun. Ours us putting out 170bhp and 280nm the problem with that is that it's just as addictive as the 197 with never wanting to be in the slow lane.

a day is a no no right now. I was talking about buying something amazing last week yes but things change instantly in the market im in.

i invested alot of money last week in new merchandise and as said i am looking hard at buying a flat.
it would also be silly to spend that money on a car at my age.

im not really worried about the petrol costs, it just annoys me i spend that much on a clio at the end of the day. im spending more a year than the cars worth. i still really like the car. but i just dont need it.

as for the weekend car i have i dont pay the full amount on it as its part owned by my dad.

so we split the bills it sees 2000k a year if that.

i think a 500 abarth is the route im going to take, looks like a much nicer place to sit day to day and looks sweet as!

If you're thinking of getting the EsseEsse version of the 500 Abarth think again...my sister has it and it loves a drink, what more can I say. If you want something more comfortable why don't you try and pick up an A4 diesel, reliable mile after mile and can get one sub 60K miles for about 7 grand if your willing to drive a slightly older car.

If I were you I'd buy a motorbike...fun and cheap!

Hope you come up with a solution.

But like so many have said, unless you buy something that'll do 500 miles to a tank, you're still going to have the same problem of being raped at the pumps. Like all of us. I know you're argument is can you justify putting so much fuel/money into what is essentially a Renault...

BUT, ask yourself this. Can you justify putting the same money into a FIAT!?! As nice as the 500's are, they're smaller, they're more likely to break and they're more expensive to fix/insure than the Clio. You're obviously not short of a fiver and I don't mean to offend but I think you need to stop crying about running costs and just suck it up like the rest of us and enjoy it. Everything is expensive, unfortunately we're all bearing the burden of somebody else's financial f*** up, but that's a bit off topic... As already said, you're here for a good time not a long time.

The only thing I can suggest is a Skoda Fabia VRS. The new ones are very well priced for their spec and with that 1.4TSi engine (I'm not a fan, think it's too complicated) it's both frugal (in comparrison) and it's still decently nippy from standard. Road tax is cheaper, no doubt insurance would be cheaper too. But again, VAG parts and labour cost the moon and they're not as reliable as their reputation would have you believe, trust me. The same goes for the whole VAG range at the moment.

Hope you come up with a solution.

But like so many have said, unless you buy something that'll do 500 miles to a tank, you're still going to have the same problem of being raped at the pumps. Like all of us. I know you're argument is can you justify putting so much fuel/money into what is essentially a Renault...

BUT, ask yourself this. Can you justify putting the same money into a FIAT!?! As nice as the 500's are, they're smaller, they're more likely to break and they're more expensive to fix/insure than the Clio. You're obviously not short of a fiver and I don't mean to offend but I think you need to stop crying about running costs and just suck it up like the rest of us and enjoy it. Everything is expensive, unfortunately we're all bearing the burden of somebody else's financial f*** up, but that's a bit off topic... As already said, you're here for a good time not a long time.

The only thing I can suggest is a Skoda Fabia VRS. The new ones are very well priced for their spec and with that 1.4TSi engine (I'm not a fan, think it's too complicated) it's both frugal (in comparrison) and it's still decently nippy from standard. Road tax is cheaper, no doubt insurance would be cheaper too. But again, VAG parts and labour cost the moon and they're not as reliable as their reputation would have you believe, trust me. The same goes for the whole VAG range at the moment.

The new Fabia VRS is avaliable VAT free ATM so its like just over £13k brand new!

This is strange thread. A few simple questions if I may.

You bought a milltek and are annoyed with the loud sound?

You bought what is essentially a performance car and you're complaining about the running costs?

Sounds like you need to sort the car out then get rid.