I need help from all of you please!

Thanks again guys. Huge weight off my shoulders, but the learning doesn't stop there unfortunately! I have to do A-Level Maths again, by distance learning, as it's a pre-requisite to teaching training. I'm also looking into some online teacher-prep. stuff to hopefully give me an edge when it comes to applying in Jan 2019 to start teaching training in Aug 2019.

Reactions: ///M
Thanks again guys. Huge weight off my shoulders, but the learning doesn't stop there unfortunately! I have to do A-Level Maths again, by distance learning, as it's a pre-requisite to teaching training. I'm also looking into some online teacher-prep. stuff to hopefully give me an edge when it comes to applying in Jan 2019 to start teaching training in Aug 2019.

Bloody hell. Glutton for punishment or what?

Hope it all works out and gets you where you want to be mate.

Reactions: Pav and Sean197
Massive congratulations to you, Sean, well done mate. Happy to help! As Mes said, you devote a lot of time to - and do a lot for - the forum in your mod role, so to study for a degree and work at the same time, that's great going!

I wish you very well in your career!

Reactions: Pav and Sean197

As it happens my Mrs is about to start teacher training in September. I don’t know how the course varies around the country but if you need any help I’ll pass any questions onto her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sean197
As it happens my Mrs is about to start teacher training in September. I don’t know how the course varies around the country but if you need any help I’ll pass any questions onto her.

It differs slightly in Scotland I think. I'll be doing the PGCE, for Primary Teachers. I think the regs for the GTCS (Scotland) differ as I'm sure if you qualify here but want to teach in England (and vice versa) you have to do extra training or a refresh. Thanks for the kind offer though!

It differs slightly in Scotland I think. I'll be doing the PGCE, for Primary Teachers. I think the regs for the GTCS (Scotland) differ as I'm sure if you qualify here but want to teach in England (and vice versa) you have to do extra training or a refresh. Thanks for the kind offer though!

More coincidences - that’s the course she’s doing (Northumbria uni). One tip I can give without asking her is to give yourself a better chance of being accepted is to try and get some experience at a school somehow. She’s been volunteering at our kids school for a while now and they seemed to like that at the interview for the course. I don’t know how it would work just walking into one and asking but the school actually asked if there was any parents wanting to help out.

More coincidences - that’s the course she’s doing (Northumbria uni). One tip I can give without asking her is to give yourself a better chance of being accepted is to try and get some experience at a school somehow. She’s been volunteering at our kids school for a while now and they seemed to like that at the interview for the course. I don’t know how it would work just walking into one and asking but the school actually asked if there was any parents wanting to help out.

Yeah they actually specify classroom experience, and I've been advised to emphasise that in my personal statement when I apply. It's a bloody nightmare finding a school to take me though!