I did not know that...

Nothing special but useful. If you hold down the central locking button for a few seconds it will activate automatic locking as soon as the car starts moving.

Nothing special but useful. If you hold down the central locking button for a few seconds it will activate automatic locking as soon as the car starts moving.

Did that straight away...

I tried it after it does the same on the parents Modus.

^^^ OK I thought this was always on!?!?!?!? It has never not done it on mine, I didn't realise it could be turned off, not that I would ever want to :oops:

Most dealers activate it before you get the car. I know mine did, I've never not had it.

To switch it off use the same method as switching it on.

^^^ OK I thought this was always on!?!?!?!? It has never not done it on mine, I didn't realise it could be turned off, not that I would ever want to :oops:

Nope, can be deactived. If you can't get away from the thiefs in the twisties then this is plan B :w00t:

Most dealers activate it before you get the car. I know mine did, I've never not had it.

To switch it off use the same method as switching it on.

Does this mean the dealers read the manual then before handing the car over, im fooked if they do.. will be waiting until Christmas for my car... :w00t:

I think RAID is probably quite well known across the Dealer network by now Maz :wink:

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to get the wipers to stay in the 'up' position for cleaning? They catch the bonet if you pull them up when they are down. If that makes any sense? Lol!

Another tip, if you press and hold one of the computer buttons when the 'oil ok' is displayed after start up, it shows you a scale of the amount in the engine.

Pressing the door lock twice dead locks it.

The cornering lights don't activate if you are in reverse or going over 37 mph.

The interior lights go off regardless of whether they are on when you lock the car.

The stereo is on a timer so it goes off after about 20 mins if there is no ignition feed.

There are screw holes and cables in the rear ready to have speakers put in.

If any of these are 'tips' then I hope I have helped a little!

The wipers are a worry, I hate coming back to the car seeing a flyer under my wiper...makes me cringe thinking about the guy not being careful and damaging the paintwork on the bonnet edge :worried:

Does anyone know how to get the wipers to stay in the 'up' position for cleaning? They catch the bonet if you pull them up when they are down. If that makes any sense? Lol!

put the ignition on without running start wipers then open door when upright and all power is killed and the wipers remain where they are. takes a couple of goes to get the timing right, there is a proper way but this works for me