I can't get into my car!!!

Well that ain't strictly true...i can with the blade key.

Right, i have a FF 197 and when i go to open my car keylessly it won't unlock nor will it unlock if i press the button on the key, pressing any of the buttons give no function.

When i get in the car (via the blade key with the alarm sounding like i'm breaking into my own car) it says 'card not detected'. To start the car i have to put the key card into the slot.

Now when i get out it doesn't lock either with the buttom on the door or by pressing the key, hence why its sat on my girlfriends drive unlocked :confused1:

Any ideas what it could be? I recently changed keys as it used to sometimes not unlock/lock...but its got gradually worse and now its got to this.

I've had this with mine recently get a new bat anyway at least it will rule it.out. I reckon the key must have some sort of magnetic code also which is picked up at close range. I.e. in the slot

Another thing i have noticed (when it worked) if the key is in my pocket next to my iPhone it won't detect it....

O and when mine wasn't working from a usual in my pocket position. I waved it over the roof above the rear seat which is where the antenna is and it unlocked

It works in the slot because it has an electric toothbrush type power thing! Lol! Well apparently! Probs just the battery. Have you tried the other card?

As i said before my other car was going dodgy so i changed cards.

Luckily my car had just enough room inbetween it and the wall so i could squeeze in...still knocked off the window/door seal that was replaced a couple of months back :worried:

Yep, under the rear seat. I think its actually attached to the beam you can see running across the boot floor