I bought one!

Hi!

I finally took the plunge and bought a Nimbus RS197 today... I hope I've found a nice one but my past Renault experiences have been a bit of a disaster for various reasons....!! :confused1:

My new car is a 2007 07 reg with 20,000 miles, climate and Cabasse and it is in great, unabused condition inside and out. I think I got it for a good price too and got a good p/x on my current car....:thumbup:

I hope to pick it up on Saturday morning and my drive home will be through pre-Christmas West London....:w00t:

I'll keep people posted and really hope this works out well......

Cheers guys....

DrDx

Congratulations.

Just a couple of think to check before you pull away from experience and as your having climate.
Some had problems with aircon not being very cold(mine included) it was a pump fault.
Start the car and let it tick over, press the aircon button and check the revs go up very slightly as the pump kicks in.
Also just check(if it has them) that the electric folding mirrors fold out smoothly.

Only other issue to watch is the door seal on the front edge of the rear quarter window splitting.

With you having problems in the past it's best to know what to look for from the start.

Thanks for the advice.... I did drive one (an R27 F1 at a main dealer) with a split door seal and it was very, very obvious at speeds above 30mph!

I'll be sure to check the climate control before driving off but it seemed to be OK when test driving today....

I don't have the folding mirrors so that should be one problem avoided but - as I said above - I am hoping for the best but expecting the worse!! I hope main dealers have improved since the mid-noughties.....

Gorgeous colour choice mate, Im sure you are going to be pleased with it!

In my experience the dealers have been great but I know some people have had a little trouble. It seems a bit hit and miss which is a shame but there is always a way through it.

Hope you enjoy the drive home! :smile:

I was expecting the worst too but so far been less trouble than vw.
Yeah like any make the dealers are hit and miss.
The dealer that used to be in Rotherham was ok at customer service but not great at doing the work on time and to my liking.
The dealers in Sheffield though has been great, even sorting the knocking on my coilovers.

The car will be 3 years old in the Spring so I think I will book it early for the next service at a main dealer before the 3-year warranty expires and ask them to check it over for any niggles or faults....

I assume the 3-year warranty is extendable on an RS197?

My future plans are to then have future services, repairs and modifications carried out by K-Tec Racing who are only an hour away.....

I definitely think Nimbus is THE colour on an RS197....it really suits the shape of the car but doesn't look so good on the RS200 though for some reason...?

The car will be 3 years old in the Spring so I think I will book it early for the next service at a main dealer before the 3-year warranty expires and ask them to check it over for any niggles or faults....

I assume the 3-year warranty is extendable on an RS197?

My future plans are to then have future services, repairs and modifications carried out by K-Tec Racing who are only an hour away.....

I definitely think Nimbus is THE colour on an RS197....it really suits the shape of the car but doesn't look so good on the RS200 though for some reason...?

Yea u can extend the warrenty just before ur 3years are up as long as the car has less than 60k on the clock which is no problem 4 u as urs has 20k nice colour choice I do like the nibus grey hope u enjoy it mate I'm sure u will

Nice one mate!

I've got a Nimbus 197 and I absolutely love it. I think the colour makes the car look serious and gives it real presence. Enjoy!! :w00t:

Nimbus is the only way.

The colour changes and shows different tints depending on the lighting / cleanliness / dusk dawn etc.

Only Nimbus owners will know this...

Yep! The paint shows different tints in different lights and from different angles and it highlights the shapes and textures of the bodywork..... which is why a botched front-end spray job was so easy to spot on one of the Nimbus RS197s that I had driven miles to see!!:thumbdown:

I will get the clay bars, AutoGlym polishes and elbow grease out as soon as the weather permits.... I've yet to pick up a car that is valeted to an 'acceptable standard'. :001_rolleyes:

Roll on the weekend.....:thumbup:

Well I have my RS197 and - so far at least - all seems good. The stupidity of the gearbox ratios was a little irritating on the 50 mile drive home along the M4 but the Cabasse stereo proved to be a godsend!!

Even better I collected the car and realised half way home that the rear windows are dark tinted which looks great...I was so preoccupied by the bodywork and wheels when viewing the car I simply did not notice!!!

I'll try to post some pictures soon but so far I am very happy.....

Well I have my RS197 and - so far at least - all seems good. The stupidity of the gearbox ratios was a little irritating on the 50 mile drive home along the M4 but the Cabasse stereo proved to be a godsend!!

Even better I collected the car and realised half way home that the rear windows are dark tinted which looks great...I was so preoccupied by the bodywork and wheels when viewing the car I simply did not notice!!!

I'll try to post some pictures soon but so far I am very happy.....

You'll soon get used to the gearbox lol, it is a lot of fun, and overall you will be so happy with the car :smile:

I'd never go back now after having one of these!

Progress report....

Well, I've now had my RS197 for a few weeks and all is going well...

The only niggle I've had is a few false alarms when the weather turns really, really cold which is a bit odd. The previous owner garaged it apparently so he may not have noticed....

I've booked it in for the 3-year service in early February and mentioned the alarm issue: I'm hoping it will all go smoothly and I can then begin to enjoy the car as the weather begins to improve! I'm also fitting an ITG filter because the paper one is filthy....

Best of all I got 320 miles from a tank of fuel and decided to fill up today with Optimax...hopefully it will be even better!!

Good fun this....:thumbup:

Well, I've now had my RS197 for a few weeks and all is going well...

The only niggle I've had is a few false alarms when the weather turns really, really cold which is a bit odd. The previous owner garaged it apparently so he may not have noticed....

I've booked it in for the 3-year service in early February and mentioned the alarm issue: I'm hoping it will all go smoothly and I can then begin to enjoy the car as the weather begins to improve! I'm also fitting an ITG filter because the paper one is filthy....

Best of all I got 320 miles from a tank of fuel and decided to fill up today with Optimax...hopefully it will be even better!!

Good fun this....:thumbup:

Glad you are enjoying it! The driving experience more than makes up for the small niggles along the way! They really like being run on the good stuff so you should expect a slight difference. Im pretty sure it souned btter on Optimax but hey I might just be imagining that lol!

Hope you can continue to enjoy it for a while yet bud!