Hub carrier refurbishment offer - Top and bottom swivels

Fernandez

Gold Member
As a few of you have experienced the bottom and top swivels on the hub carrier can and do fail.

My drivers side started to creak when turning full lock, a quick call to Renault and I was quoted £180 for each half of the complete hub carrier assembly as Renault do not supply the parts individually. Obviously this is quite an expensive job when you factor in the fitting on top.

What Renault don't tell you is you can get swivel bearings from R-Sport for £58 each delivered but then you still need to fit them.

Enter the perfect solution......

My car has been with the infamous Mark Black for the last few days, for those that don't know, Mark is very well known over Meganesport for his sterling work on all Renaultsports and has been refurbishing the Megane hubs for the lads over there.

Mark is now able to source the parts required and fit both the top and bottom swivels to forum members for £125 per hub which represents a fantastic saving over the prices from Renault or R-Sport

Mark is based in Chesterfield right next to Jct 29a of the M1 so quite central and the work can be done whilst you wait.

To take advantage of this price just give Mark a ring at Bolsover Car Care on 01246 823 464 and either mention me or that you are a member of Clio197.net to get this preferential rate.

Last edited:
Got to factor in the price of the upteen calls you will make before u actually get hold of him or before he gets back to you.

That said... heard is work is very good.

Got to factor in the price of the upteen calls you will make before u actually get hold of him or before he gets back to you.

That said... heard is work is very good.

As he said to you Jonsey, he needed a donor car first that needed to be left with him to be sure he could do the job. This has now been done successfully. Call his landline and you'll get hold of him.

Got a knock starting on mine at the moment, not had a chance to check it out, but that's a good price. Cheers for the heads-up Mr.Fernandez. I'll either check mine myself, or get DDC to check it over when the MOT rolls around in a month or two.

Interesting thread... My 197 cup has developed a knock from the front axle O/S when going over small bumps etc. At first guess it sounds like a ball joint but not had a proper look yet.

if it helps someone, I recently changed the near side front hub assembly complete due to a bottom swivel being pooped.
this hub assembly is sitting on the shelf in the unit, it could be used as a donor to have a new swivel fitted and then directly change it over with your own one when the car is on a ramp, and then sell your spare on again for someone else to do the same with.

more so, if Angel's contact would change the swivel on the hub and send it back to you ready to fit.

did this ever happen?
is there a service i can send my hubs to be done? im in London and Mark black is a little far for me, what i save on hubs will cost in petrol?
thank you anyone

did this ever happen?
is there a service i can send my hubs to be done? im in London and Mark black is a little far for me, what i save on hubs will cost in petrol?
thank you anyone

Dont know about the thread news, but I had both hubs done at that Aarons Autos in Derby. Drove up from Surrey and still saved money on getting new parts

i cant recomend mark enough hes a top bloke and really does know his stuff.
he sorted my ball joints out on my 197 and is curently bringing my 182 back from the dead.

Saw your car there today Josh, didn't realise it was yours

yeah its mine unfortunately, only had it five days and somthing went seriously wrong all 16 valves bent along with the rest of things you might as well do wile it engine is in bits.

so now i need some decant tires and track day lessons just so i feel like im getting my moneys worth out of it aha

Big thanks to Fernandez for this thread. Gave a ring to Mark two days ago and today my ball joints on both sides been done, as discs, pads, brake lines, brake fluid and egine oil as well. Can not complain for the total cost. I definitely recommend Mark and Bolsover Car Care! Thanks :thumbup1:

I've mentioned this already in my progress thread, however I just wanted to say thank you to [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] and Mark at Bolsover Car Care. Had my NS ball joint replaced by Mark this morning - he booked me in at very short notice and got the car fixed in no time at all. Highly recommended.