Hub carrier ball joints ASAP

As far as I am aware, I'm sure there are just ball joints available if you look in the right place

someone will be along shortly to confirm

Pretty sure someone on the megane forum found a ball joint off a 1998 scenic was the same one on the megane but which one im not sure and if the same as the clio im not sure either.

mine is booked in back end of the week to get checked out as i think my hub carrier ball joint is just starting to ga as well as the rack ends or maybe the rack itself

Aaron Autos in Leeds, did mine the other week, £1400 cheaper than Renault wanted for a pair. Don't want to scaremonger, as I paid to have them done, as it is a bitch of a job. If you are not careful when removing the old balljoint and don't have heat and a good press, there is a big chance that when you press the balljoint out, it can take part of the alloy wishbone with it, due to dissimilar metal corrosion and after a few 1000 miles you have a new balljoint wiggling about in a f****d hub! I know a breaker ALS Performance parts in Carlisle are selling complete sides for £175 hub knuckle and retainer ready to bolt on.

Part no for the top 7711160423
bottom 8200438088

I have tried to find these parts on the Renault system but they are not listed. I will try and contact Renault and try and find a solution !!!

Available from R.sport in wimbledon 020-8542-0042
There are some other threads about these. Common problem.

7711160423*- £80 inc VAT with free p+p

This part is a special order part, I would need to fax an order form to Renault, its the only way I could get hold of it. Also unsure of the lead time. Full payment would have to be taken before the order was placed.

8200438088*- I cannot get this part separate from Renault, as the part is manufactured by Alpine (who deal with RenaultSport). Although the part number is recognised, Alpine will only supply this separately to RenaultSport and not the dealer network.

The place I took my car to had found a place down South just waiting for them , I was worried it was the steering rack but good job it isn't :smile: so waiting now , but all thanks for the help .