hub ball joint f**Ked!!

New to the site and just got a 197 which has a lower ball joint needing replaced do RSports have an email address or website there are a few bits I need for it. also don't seem to be able to access the how to guide above was looking for some info on how to get the hub off and the ball joint out.

Rsports sell them at the price above, http://www.rsportonline.co.uk is the official partner for the Clio Cup race series
All contact details for them -

PARTS & TECHNICAL
Call or Email R Sport Ltd

T: 07990 520010 - John
T: 07733 330421 - Denise

E: info@rsportonline.co.uk
E: r_sport_uk@hotmail.com

Thanks Marc I have found all the suppliers no problem, it was info on getting the ball joint out of the housing that I was after. I appreciate it is pressed in but does it just press out or does it need heated and pressed ?

Rsports sell them at the price above, http://www.rsportonline.co.uk is the official partner for the Clio Cup race series
All contact details for them -

PARTS & TECHNICAL
Call or Email R Sport Ltd

E: info@rsportonline.co.uk
E: r_sport_uk@hotmail.com

Just a heads up that I called and spoke to Denise from Rsports today and bought 2 "Upper" ball joints.

I spent 5mins asking how these are being sold (Upper & Lower ball joints) from other people and whats genuine or not.
Rsports confirmed that they buy direct from Renault Sport in Dippee France. As they stock and supply the whole Clio cup race series they are able to buy individual parts like the ball joints.
She went on to explain that if you are a "Parts Account" set up with Renault sport in France which they do due to the fact the are the main parts supplier for the Clio cup series you can buy the parts which you need.

She has confirmed that what the supply is 100% real and a correct genuine part.

I asked about "Rofag" on eBay and she said she was not aware of them but they could be bought on the continent in other countries and if rofag had a parts account with Renault sport in France they would be able to buy and supply.

She then went on to say that there is "A lot" of aftermarket and fake ball joints that dont last as long as the genuine ones and she did say that she has only ever seen them fail on Clio cups which is understandable due to the punishment they go through on the track.

Once again I will now only ever buy from Rsports as its also next day delivery (at a cost Ofcorse)

If anyone is looking for upper or lower ball joints in the hub carrier give them a call.

PARTS & TECHNICAL

Reactions: Gus
I tried emailing Rsports and also tried using there online contact form to get a price for a load of parts Andy the emails bounced back and have had no reply from the contact form. There was quite a hit of stuff front and rear grooved discs, front ball joints and possibly swivel arms that the ball joints mount into so a bit surprising.

I tried emailing Rsports and also tried using there online contact form to get a price for a load of parts Andy the emails bounced back and have had no reply from the contact form. There was quite a hit of stuff front and rear grooved discs, front ball joints and possibly swivel arms that the ball joints mount into so a bit surprising.

A bit late on this one, but it's much easier calling them - they're very helpful indeed.

The whole parts thing is a mare, try getting the back joint for the lower arm only rofag seems to do it everyone else wants to sell u the whole arm wtf never mind the other bits never exerienced such chaos on parts

The whole parts thing is a mare, try getting the back joint for the lower arm only rofag seems to do it everyone else wants to sell u the whole arm wtf never mind the other bits never exerienced such chaos on parts

Same here in the Netherlands. I've been waiting on parts for weeks now.

I have to be honest and say I have no problem getting the parts from between my local dealer and RSports

The best thing you can so is get the OE part number and contact your dealer, If they say its not available then you go direct to RSports and then they will supply it with no issues.

I have a list of Nuts, Bolts, Ball Joints along with loads of other things and as I have access to the OE parts system I can get all the part numbers and find out.

Trust me the parts are all there and all available but please bear in mind that the MK Renault sport Clio is not a cheap car.
Im paying up to £8.00 for a bolt.

Here is just some of the things you need for suspension that I have bought / on order.

8200 358 977 x 1 (Top Mount Cap)
8200 358 975 x 1 (Top Mount Cap)
7703 602 222 x 6 (Top Mount Bolts)
7703 034 278 x 2 (Top Mount Shock Nut)

7703 002 824 x 4 (Bottom Shock Bolt)
7703 034 274 x 4 (Bottom Shock Nut)
7703 602 210 x 2 (Rear Subframe Rear Bolt)
7703 602 251 x 2 (Rear Subframe Front Bolt)
7703 602 210 x 2 (Reaction Rod Lower Bolt)
7703 602 212 x 2 (Reaction Rod Upper Bolt)
7703 602 210 x 2 (Radiator Support Bolt)
7703 002 824 x 2 (Lower Arm Rear Bolt)
7703 602 258 x 2 (Lower Arm Side Bolt)
8200 896 829 x 2 (Lower Arm Side Nut)
7703 034 274 x 2 (Lower Arm BallJoint Bolt)
8200 896 829 x 4 (Anti Rotation Nut)
7703 002 179 x 2 (Top Carrier Screw)
8200 468 420 x 2 (Lower Carrier Screw)
8200 468 427 x 2 (Upper Balljoint Circlip)
8200 468 424 x 2 (Upper Balljoint Nut)

All, just had my car repaired in by Aarons Auto's Derby. Fixed £175 per side, drove down from Yorkshire was done in two hours, home by lunch. Great service, recommend going to these guys for repairs.

I serviced my car recently and noticed the N/S lower ball joint is knackered, the amount of play in the wheel was shocking!

I ordered a new ball joint with r-sport online which was delivered next day. The old one wasn't quite as bad as the condition of this one but had similar horizontal/vertical play.

Last edited:
I have a brand new lower ball joint available. I just bought a set of 2 uppers and 2 lowers from R-Sport. However it turns out I need a complete new hub on my N/S which comes with the ball joint pre-fitted so I now have 1 spare. Price from R-Sport was £57.53 + £12 postage. It's available for anyone that needs a new lower ball joint for £50 including postage.

I have a brand new lower ball joint available. I just bought a set of 2 uppers and 2 lowers from R-Sport. However it turns out I need a complete new hub on my N/S which comes with the ball joint pre-fitted so I now have 1 spare. Price from R-Sport was £57.53 + £12 postage. It's available for anyone that needs a new lower ball joint for £50 including postage.

can you post in for sale section please

Reactions: krispe and Jimmy
That's not bad considering a new ball joint from RSport or Raptor is ~£70 after shipping and then the old one has to be pressed out/new one pressed in. If you have access to a hydraulic press it's easy enough so why not save £50+, otherwise it's a decent service they're offering. It's good they send it with a new pinch bolt as the old one will have to be drilled out.

Reactions: mr angry
That's not bad considering a new ball joint from RSport or Raptor is ~£70 after shipping and then the old one has to be pressed out/new one pressed in. If you have access to a hydraulic press it's easy enough so why not save £50+, otherwise it's a decent service they're offering. It's good they send it with a new pinch bolt as the old one will have to be drilled out.

Will I have to also have to do the top joint and will I have an issue refitting the abs sensor?

Last edited: