how to up MPG?

I find leaving the 200 in the garage and using our DCI for boring journey helps.

Yup me too, getting 65mpg average out of the 500! Also walking to work is a big bonus for me, only trouble is it did mean getting a mortgage, maybe not so cheap afterall lol!

I'm getting 31.2 over the past 5000 miles, reasonably happy with that tbh, combination of motorway driving and fast road as usual!

31.4 mpg over the past 500 miles.

Reset the clock before going a nice chilled drive. Got it up to 40mpg, then from there not really thrashing the car its just ticked down and slowed about the 31 mark.

a long boring stretch through some 40 mph average speed cameras on the way to knock hill and back probably helped it.

Best i've had on a motorway journey is 36mpg, but on a normal day driving around town or whatever i get 24 - 28 mpg.

The fiance's 172 had 45mpg on a run. Averages around 33mpg around town.

172/182s trip is more optimistic than a 200s which on mine at least reads under.

They are pretty much the same IMO

wow prevoked quite a few negatives comments here.
My previous 2 cars were TDI's. One a Seat Leon running 180+bhp 300ft/lb and then I bought a 2006 2.0tdi passat estate, so i know about econemy.

All I was asking is that, if it is normal that even if I do drive very lightly, eg -60mph on motorway, i still get around 24/25mpg, and even if I get the light on every gear change, and drive it properly, i still get around the same?

Just seemed odd thats all. I knew it was going to be thirsty, but I bought it for as one of you said: SPG :smile:

I average 27.5MPG pottering to work and back, which is usually 3 days a week and 15Miles round trip.

On an extended run on the motorway in 6th at 70MPH, I can see 35MPG easily.

On track, 15MPG-ish. :smiley:

wow prevoked quite a few negatives comments here.
My previous 2 cars were TDI's. One a Seat Leon running 180+bhp 300ft/lb and then I bought a 2006 2.0tdi passat estate, so i know about econemy.

All I was asking is that, if it is normal that even if I do drive very lightly, eg -60mph on motorway, i still get around 24/25mpg, and even if I get the light on every gear change, and drive it properly, i still get around the same?

Just seemed odd thats all. I knew it was going to be thirsty, but I bought it for as one of you said: SPG :smile:

Thats not right and not possible lol!

Try resetting the computer at 70mpg and see what it settles on. Hold both buttons on the end of the stalk to reset it

the op was asking about upping mpg there are loads of ways some have already been said, also lowering the car stops as much air goin under the car thats why all the eco cars are on the floor, making the car lighter, lighter wheels

they can apparently increase mpg

Lighter wheels will reduce unsprung mass, less energy needed to rotate them, so more energy reaching the road instead of being lost in the drivetrain.

At least, that's how it was explained to me about motorbikes once.

Ill be getting fantastic MPG this week!! its going to be left on the drive, and train to manchester everyday lool

Ohhh. I'l try it tommorow.

I get around 167miles to £40's worth of shell's "fuel saver" petrol. I havent tried V-power yet as its alot more expensive and dont really have much faith it will last me any longer lol

One thing I will mention is that Gromb200 had a fault on his MPG calculator and it gave a reading of 30.2 pretty much constantly - even on track! It did vary still so it looked like it was working... :huh:

Use Vpower and have a less heavy foot and you will soon see the differance ,

I cruise 70-75 mph motorway no heavy foot and no silly overtaking ..you will soon see a better return ..

i was lucky getting 30mpg at times my avarage is 39.4 reset 2 weeks ago , just goes to show they are good on mpg its all on how you drive.

IMG_1180.gif

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
Jools Clio 197 Area 21
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
E1bert Clio General Chat 17
Gus Clio General Chat 17