How to get front struts away from hub??!

Went to fit my h&r springs earlier.
How do you remove the front strut from the hub??
There is next to no room to lever the hub open to release the strut!
It looks as if the whole hub assembly needs to come off?

Any suggestions other than Renault? (who want £250 for just fronts!)

had a megane apart and removed the whole lot/hub

have you tried putting the spring clamps on the strut before removing it and closing the coil up to get more room to lift the strut off perhaps?

You don't need to lever the hub open, just remove the nut and bolt at the back and that's it. You may well struggle getting the hub to push down low enough though to actually lift the strut free, I dropped all the sub-frame down to do mine :/

or u get a jack, put it under the bottom spring support and jack it out of the hub, its only about 1inch extra that it needs to move before comin out!

^^^thats dodgey as fook. no way would i recommend that. if that slips out with the spring compressed it will take your head off.

also the spring compressor method i tried (seemed the easiest option to me at the time) but there wasnt enough room to get the compressors in on my car.

when i did mine the subframe was lowered. its only on 4 bolts IIRC

another way is to take off the lower arm bolts but on mine they looked a bit rusty so didnt want to disturb them in case they seized on.

in the end renault main dealer did mine for £110 as the quoted me the price of a normal clio (2hr labour)

took them 5 hours in the end!

^^^thats dodgey as fook. no way would i recommend that. if that slips out with the spring compressed it will take your head off.

also the spring compressor method i tried (seemed the easiest option to me at the time) but there wasnt enough room to get the compressors in on my car.

when i did mine the subframe was lowered. its only on 4 bolts IIRC

another way is to take off the lower arm bolts but on mine they looked a bit rusty so didnt want to disturb them in case they seized on.

in the end renault main dealer did mine for £110 as the quoted me the price of a normal clio (2hr labour)

took them 5 hours in the end!

i am talking about the spring and strut staying together,

bought 197 2008 in dec 2017 48k so farvchanged rear spring 2 front drop links both front struts and springs done today enjoyed the strut change removed full assembly then split strut gave me a chance see how renault put togetherand cleaned up all parts including caliper pins first time on any forum gerry

I was advised by my local indi Renault garage they have said the way to do it is removal the wishbone balljoint from the hub assembly to drop it down low enough to get the strut out. Unfortunately most are rusted in, mine was and I ended up replacing the wishbone and balljoint.

If the rad support bar wasn't there (I have removed the arms on my car) the easiest way is just to remove the 2 bolts holding the arm onto the sub frame and remove the arm/hub/suspension.