How much I love my clio

Just read it again and remembered how cringey it is. To be honest, it kind of an exxagerated loved up version of reality. I do love my car, as do the majority of you guys.... I hope?!

Just read it again and remembered how cringey it is. To be honest, it kind of an exxagerated loved up version of reality. I do love my car, as do the majority of you guys.... I hope?!

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys afford your cars?

Im 21, own a '06 197, work two jobs including a full time office job and I struggle to make ends meet.

Assuming you are only working part time, if at all, how do you afford to run and maintain your car? I'm assuming it's on finance also?

Im 21, own a '06 197, work two jobs including a full time office job and I struggle to make ends meet.

Assuming you are only working part time, if at all, how do you afford to run and maintain your car? I'm assuming it's on finance also?

Umm, to be honest I can't afford my car. I earn £50 a week (yeah lol) which goes on my car, and I only do 60 miles a week, but it doesnt cover running costs. Who cares though, overdrafts are for using!

No finance luckily though, and no my parents did not pay for my car, I used to work a lot more :smile:

Last edited:
I just wanted to vocalise how much I love my R27, it is me, it is my passion, it is what makes me happy when I wake up in the morning. It is my pride and joy :smile:.

No car has given me this complete joy before, I completely love this car. Yes, it costs me more than I can afford as a uni student but honestly I don't care as it gives me such joy whenever I drive it. It is such a wonderful car to own.When I hear people say how wonderfully out there it is from my bedroom window I feel a surge of pride that I am lucky enough to own such a car, particularly at my age. When I first saw a LY 197 in y9 I knew it was the car for me. It was my goal in life. Now I have one. It is just the most brilliant machine. Everything I could ask it to do, it does. Long live the MK3 Clio RS. It is a brilliant car, unadulterated by marketing, sales, numbers and corporate desires. It is a true Renault sport car. Function before form. And yet despite that it is one of the most beautiful hot hatches I have ever seen. Surely that says it all. It is a car that is beautiful because of what it is. A car that is designed for the dedicated driver. I love my car, it is me, in the form of a car. Thankyou Renault for creating such a truly joyous machine, that genuinely enriches my life

I typed that out just for you lot :wink:

How far away do you work?

I think the thing that stands out most is that despite being clearly rather drunk you were able to type understandable english!