How much do you think it's worth?

Firstly I hope this thread is allowed.

selling up but looking for advice - Black 200 FF Cup Packs added.

Usual auto lights/wipers

42k on clock
FSH

cambelt, Main full service, another oil change about 6 months after, rear brakes, new alternator, all done in last ten months at TWOTECHS.

wheels need refurb most likely.

Cat C due to rear end damage, repaired with new parts professionally.

runs perfect.

The prices are all over the place at the minute, there was one on facebook the other day with recaros for something silly like £7.5k. £5750 seems more than reasonable, if you have proof of repairs etc I'm sure someone would offer you around £5500.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah I understand the CAT C spell on it. Looking at Autotrader there are some very amibtious sellers trying to sell high mileage 197's for £5k+, so if you had mine for £5500.00, to me that's a good deal.

Agreed - Prices all over the shop.

I think the best move would be to advertise it at the price you think it is worth. You'll get opinions by asking, but they will come from people who aren't specifically in a position to buy from you. Although you can gauge a starting price based around these opinions, it does seem like you already know what you ideally would like for the car.

A smart buyer will take each car on its merit - yours does have a lot of plus points inc low mileage, service history etc, despite the Cat C. Advertise it at £5,500 and see how you get on :smile:

Sadly as soon as people see CAT C, it will put a lot of buyers out there, especially as there are plenty about and it's a buyers market at the moment.

I think you'll struggle to get 5k for it but that being said the service history, mileage are good and if you have proof of repairs from either photos and/or invoices would go a long way to improving the chances of a sale. Just don't expect it to go quick, I bet you'll have people trying it on offering like £2-3k.

Have you found any other CAT C/D 200s on eBay, Trader, Gumtree etc? - Could be a good idea of what other people are expecting and price yours accordingly.

Have just sold a 200 - same year, spec, service history etc. but with a load of mods which were costly, spare wheels / tyres / brakes etc. Due to the mods mine was a similarly small and niche market and I had to be realistic with what I could sell for.

As above opinion are opinions but without the mods I would have happily taken £5800-£6k for the car after looking at the market and what was selling at what advertised price.

By all means advertise at what you hope to get but Cat C = 25-35% off of value straight away IMHO. It will need to be a bargain against other similar cars.

Thanks people, all feedback much appreciated.

jesus.. If someone had my car for 3k - 4K , that's a bargain.. Again my opinion. It drives perfect.

think I will keep it and make use of the money and effort I put into making it a great car.

i wanted a S3.. Is that worth double the money.. Again down to personal choice.