How far to strip car? Opinions needed.

Hi all,

My last 2 cars (Fiesta ST and Clio 2) have been stripped to the bone and caged. I'm struggling to do it to the Clio.

So far I stripped the whole of the rear, speakers out, all airbags, radio etc... I have left the front door cards and rear cards but stripped underneath them (foam etc...), headlining and a and b pillar plastics. Front seats are bucket seats but I have left the front section of carpet and the foam underneath.

Part of me wants to rip the headlining out and rear door cards but really not sure. It won't save a lot of weight and I want the car for track but also possibly for the road very occasionally and possibly a trip to the Ring or Europe could be a possibility at some point in the future. Would probably need a sunstrip if I take the sun visors off.

What do you think? Does every little count or keep some comfort/road car look.

Sounds like you have a good balance already , I don't like the fully stripped look especially on daily drivers. Is it a daily plus track car?

I stripped out the rear on mine but left some of the lighter plastics in. Less chance of you cutting yourself on something sharp that way.

I did leave my rear speakers in though as they don't really weigh much and I quite like the sound.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It's a garaged track car with occasional road usage - it's not insured or taxed at the moment.

I got carbon door cards and I even hate those and am going to put the standard door cards back on.