how do you get rid of a big dead dog

our mutts getting old now i recon she has less than a year to go at almost 14 for a Lab is a good age. Anyway I was wondering how to get rid of her, i was contemplating burying her but to be honest the size of hole i'd need to dig for a lab would be massive and the only ground available is my boarders. this is a mix of clay and hardcore underneath the top soil. i was also under the impression that it's not allowed to do so if it's too close to someones property.
and before anyone says no i couldn't put her in the wheely bin as i'm not sure which one now we have three.

question is have you buried a big dog in your garden? and how big was the hole, and was it close to neighbouring gardens.
or should i consider cremation as it's too much like hard work.

The way to do it properly would speaking to your vet, especially if it is suffering towards the end.

I would get the dog cremated, burying it is gonna prove to be too difficult I reckon, especially if clay is under your ground etc

Lol at this thread! My father in law (to be) buried the doberman in the garden, but I'm not sure how deep.

Your vet should be able to arrange either cremation or burial at the local pet cemetery for you at a cost ... and when I say local I live in Leeds and my old dog is in Durham!!!!

Aw poor dog, hope its not suffering :worried:

We laid ours to rest in the garden, he was a big dog and we dug a big hle by his fav tree.

if you do dig a hole for it make it big enough to take the ex-mrs and theres a few ££££ in it for ya :wink: