how do you get rid of a big dead dog

Aw poor dog, hope its not suffering :worried:

We laid ours to rest in the garden, he was a big dog and we dug a big hle by his fav tree.

no not yet Maz she's quite healthy physically but she's going a bit senile in her old age.
my mum and dad used to breed dogs so i consider myself pretty clued up on dog welfare etc sad to say i was one place off the final of junior dog handler of the year at Crufts.

thing is i have no emotional connection to her at all or any dogs, i'll feed and walk her but if you've seen as many dogs die as i have you'd be de-sensitised too. and they where easy to bury they were toy (meaning small dogs) three shovels down and that was it.

On a rather more serious note in this rather unfortunate situation for the poor animal. Apparently you have to ask the local council if you plan on digging a big hole in the garden to bury your dog.

On a rather more serious note in this rather unfortunate situation for the poor animal. Apparently you have to ask the local council if you plan on digging a big hole in the garden to bury your dog.

thats what i thought it's all to do with distance from other peoples property, but i can't find the info. s for notifying the council is it in case someone thinks i'm going to do a Trevor Jordash to the Mrs and lay a patio over her

i did think if i do bury her put clothes and a watch on her and when she's dug up in 10,000 years it would do peoples heads in

Ha ha, that would be funny for who ever found the body! I'm not sure why it is, but I asked the other half and she googled it. Said you need to check with the council. Might be best googling it and seeing exactly what it says.

That would be a right thing to have to tell the estate agent if you ever came to sell up ... oh and there's a lab under that rodohendron bush over there!!!!

:rofl:

no not yet Maz she's quite healthy physically but she's going a bit senile in her old age.
my mum and dad used to breed dogs so i consider myself pretty clued up on dog welfare etc sad to say i was one place off the final of junior dog handler of the year at Crufts.

thing is i have no emotional connection to her at all or any dogs, i'll feed and walk her but if you've seen as many dogs die as i have you'd be de-sensitised too. and they where easy to bury they were toy (meaning small dogs) three shovels down and that was it.

Aw bless ours did the same and then his back end just gave up one day, very sad.

Can understand what your saying about no emotional connection if your that used to it where as me it was like loosing a brother :worried: RIP

I was contemplating putting This on my Facebook page thank god i didn't a friends lab died today same age as ours . Might have been a bit in bad taste. Alternativly a handy user-friendly guide

TBH, we're getting a bit worried about our springer spaniel Zac, he's started to get very unsteady on his legs, has started falling over a few times a day and is struggling to get up. Some days he's better than others. He's getting on a bit, about 14 I think. Poor old bugger. Great dog he is too. Really upsetting when animals die.