HOW BIG IS YOURS? Throttle body

melvin1993

Scotland | Alba Rep
Evening all, just had a 64mm TB fitted and I love it feels brilliant but I wanted to know if any one has taken it further that's the biggest TB you know of on any 172,182,197 and 200 and I mean a standred TB that has been milled out
Thank you!

I have the 64mm from the first group buy but was going to go to 66mm but was advised it would be too big..

I'll hand over to my tame exotic car delivery driver Willis for the full explanation...

i measured the opening into the plenum and its only just bigger than 64mm at the smallest point so if you put a bigger TB on you'd get a lip and disrupt flow i would imagine

Cheers Mr.F!!! :smiley: :thumbup: :smiley:

How's your idle speed?

I'm using a 63mm, the only one I think. :tongueout:

Just as Henderson has said already, you can't go bigger than 64mm on the OEM TB, there's just not enough meat there.

Cheers Mr.F!!! :smiley: :thumbup: :smiley:

How's your idle speed?

I'm using a 63mm, the only one I think. :tongueout:

Just as Henderson has said already, you can't go bigger than 64mm on the OEM TB, there's just not enough meat there.

Let's not mention my idle... if anyone has got one of those magic boxes that can reset a throttle body PM me please.

Mr.F, SteC can sort it for you if you can get over to Bolton. :wink:

Mattie, we know the score mate, 63 is where the magic happens!!! :smiley:

Were you having idle problems?
I just disconnected the battery for an hour I think and them connected it back up, when I started the car it ran hi for about 2 mins at 1500rpm then it settled at about 800rpm and that's it been fine sins haha :smile:

Were you having idle problems?
I just disconnected the battery for an hour I think and them connected it back up, when I started the car it ran hi for about 2 mins at 1500rpm then it settled at about 800rpm and that's it been fine sins haha :smile:

Tried that, had battery off for a few hours when fitting the Nos (needed to remove battery & airbox to get to bulkhead) and it made no difference.

Fitting V6 airbox soon so I'll try again.

how long did you drive it for fernandez? i drove mine on and off for a day, then got in it once and started it and it settled down to standard, after that it randomly idled a touch higher but nothing that you would really noticed. loved now it drived after fitting.

how long did you drive it for fernandez? i drove mine on and off for a day, then got in it once and started it and it settled down to standard, after that it randomly idled a touch higher but nothing that you would really noticed. loved now it drived after fitting.

When I first fitted it it died down within 25 miles but iv had a lump idle which i didnt mind but just lately its getting worse. jumps all over the place between 1-3,000 rpm.

The only think i can think of is when i disconected the battery but i doubt that would have caused it.

I'm not overly worried about it but I will try disconecting the battery again at the weekend, failling that I'll just get someone to reset it and see if that works.

When I first fitted it it died down within 25 miles but iv had a lump idle which i didnt mind but just lately its getting worse. jumps all over the place between 1-3,000 rpm.

The only think i can think of is when i disconected the battery but i doubt that would have caused it.

I'm not overly worried about it but I will try disconecting the battery again at the weekend, failling that I'll just get someone to reset it and see if that works.

check for an air leak...

check for an air leak...

Not thought of that one mate.. the pipe to my resonator box came off, couldnt get the bugger back in, left it as I thought it would be OK.

The only other place would be where the NOS fogger goes into the pipe just before the throttle body, i'll check that too but it was a good fit when I done it so dont think it will be that.

Not thought of that one mate.. the pipe to my resonator box came off, couldnt get the bugger back in, left it as I thought it would be OK.

The only other place would be where the NOS fogger goes into the pipe just before the throttle body, i'll check that too but it was a good fit when I done it so dont think it will be that.

just spray round with a bit of brake cleaner and see if the revs change..