Home mechanics.....

Im currently restoring my mini. Slightly more involved than cleaning wheels :innocent:

From this
220149_10150561124120150_5679155_o.jpg

To what it looks like now
410892_441803025847168_1394161079_o.jpg

Lots more to do but it will be finished eventually and hopefully with turbo powah :biggrin:

Stripped and caged a FIAT Seicento on the driveway and in half an arch I'd rented off an old mechanic near us. The other half of the arch was full of old washing machines he was "making good" and a Talbot Sunbeam. Infact, there was a lot more work then that, by far the most awkward job on it was removing the exhaust manifold without taking the engine out. Skinless knuckles for the win!!!

No pics on the iPhone but I'll upload some when I'm on the laptop next.

Leaf spring changes and engine changes on mastiffs in the middle of the desert with next to no tools, what a ****ing disaster that was

here are a few of the most difficult ones I have done...

Cambelt on a 1.9 litre Mi16 405 - 2 days (notoriously bad news and hardest thing I have done I think - no room at all)

Numerous 'A' series Rebuilds (fly wheel, crank, clutch etc) - I actually have a very funny photo of my first car (MG Metro) but there were no digital cameras back in that day lol.

Just about everything you can think of on a 106 Rallye bar gearbox and block builds.

Full race prep on a Fiat 127 GT many years ago, including a rub down and re-paint, inside and out, took 3 months from rolling it in to completion, thankfully, it was a decent summer!

Brake services on the clio and chnaging the exhaust on my old harley. Got garage with space to do more now but also have no tools anymore as they were all the old mans. Got a jack a hole punch set a hammer and a torque wrench so far :-(

Similar Thread Suggestions