Hissing noise over speed bumps

Hi guys, had my shocks and top mounts replaced last week but after a few days I've started to get a hissing type sound when dropping off speed bumps. I can't win!

If this happened and I hadn't had the shocks replaced already, I'd would have thoughts the shocks were the cause straight away - but given that they're brand new it seems unlikely.

Could anything else cause this? Drop links etc?

I wouldn't worry about that mate, my car does it to, but I have virtually brand new kw coilovers. It's just the piston in the shock compressing. I've had it on loads of other cars in the past too.

Oh ok. The must be a slightly different part or something because my old ones didn't do it.

Ah well puts my mind at ease thanks!

Probably just the shocks. Were the replacement shocks genuine renault? My KW shocks make a much louder whooshing noise than the standard renault ones.

Probably just the shocks. Were the replacement shocks genuine renault? My KW shocks make a much louder whooshing noise than the standard renault ones.

Yeah oem replacements, done at Diamond Motors so they've been done properly and the car feels much better. Just the noise that made me anxious.

Every time I hear a new noise i've got the radio off, windows down listening for it, which on these cars is every other day lols.

Lol, I'm the same mate! I wouldn't mind so much but Renault parts are ridiculously expensive for what they are! I'm used to owning Audi's and Honda's and their parts are a lot cheaper, and far better made!