High mileage questions

I brought a 125,000 mile 197 in black back in december. Paid 3k on the dot for it. Its had the manifold and exhaust done, along with some power flex mounts. I've since put a decat on it. The noise is immense, and has put a horrible flat spot at about 3-3500 rpm, but I dont care as I plan on getting a remap at some point.

Suspension wise, the top mounts are knocking and I have a steering creak when turning right. So aim to fit cup shocks, with the grams springs/new top mounts but am unsure on how firm the ride will be. I'm guessing the steering creak will be the costly replacement of swivel hub bearings. I'm aiming to do all the work myself to save as much money as possible.

Future plans will also include a new clutch as its biting quite high and money permitting an r3 airbox, along with getting the calipers sprayed red, and seatbelts re webbed in red too. If theres any other chassis recommended upgrades to do I'd appreciate the heads up guys?
I have gramms springs and cup shocks on mine. The squeek will be ball joint(s), available here -

Makes sense to do them all and on both sides while its all apart

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

I have gramms springs and cup shocks on mine. The squeek will be ball joint(s), available here -

Makes sense to do them all and on both sides while its all apart

What's your thoughts on the gram springs? Does the car sit too low on them? And is it a lot firmer than standard.....

What's your thoughts on the gram springs? Does the car sit too low on them? And is it a lot firmer than standard.....
Very good imo, i had two cars on eibachs before and was going for them on my clio before these gramms came up for sale. The ride is firm but not uncomfortable. Is lower of course - have a look at my project thread :wink:

Very good imo, i had two cars on eibachs before and was going for them on my clio before these gramms came up for sale. The ride is firm but not uncomfortable. Is lower of course - have a look at my project thread :wink:

Nice one, I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up with ap motorsport, they look great, for the sort things I want to do.
Previously I'd only heard of ktr, and kam racing.

Reactions: -kev-
Nice one, I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up with ap motorsport, they look great, for the sort things I want to do.
Previously I'd only heard of ktr, and kam racing.
No worries [emoji106]