Hi new to the Clio world with my white 197 cup

Hi guys and girls
Does anyone know my car it's reg is BD08AUO I bought it unseen from a dealer this week. Goes back next week to get gearbox reconditioned.
im just wondering if anyone knows the previous owner so I can find out what if anything has been done exhaust sounds really fruity and the flat spot is far worse than expected. I'm just wondering if the exhaust is standard and wheres the best place to get a remap in Sunderland
thanks

welcome and grats to your purchase..most likely the exhaust was messed with..maybe and aftermarket is on or cats/silencer had been removed...
try to take a picture of your back box..that will tell you what you need to know..

i know Leeds is a bit out of your way but RS tuning would be able to fix your flat spot for sure...

Last edited:
Thanks guys Leeds isn't too bad for me decent trip out I suppose any idea how much it will cost me? I will get pics of the back box when it's a bit lighter

the actual remap cost around £350 inc vat if im not mistaken..
but that includes a rolling road and a few runs to tweak things proper..

Having a nightmare at moment car has spent as much time back at garage as I've had it they reconditioned the gear box after 4th synchro went then I lost 1st 2nd 5th and 6th sick as hell

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. At least it's being sorted. These cars are wonderful, a real blast, so hang on in there and enjoy it. Welcome to the forum. Loads of good advice here.