Hi from Oz

Eventually will go that way, just want to enjoy it as a road car for a while first.
Still have the 200 for track duties & while not as quick as the 275 its definitely more fun on track anyway.

in what way is the clio more fun on track than the megane?

Don't get me wrong the Megane is extremely capable & will always be way quicker on track but you always get out of the Clio with a smile on your face.
The Megane is much more powerful with a big wall of torque from 3000-6500rpm but you can use every last hp the Clio has & that n/a at 8000rpm is heaven.
Steering on Megane is very capable but there's more feedback on Clio.
Handling is fantastic on the Megane with the Ohlins but the Clio is more adjustable to push (I left foot brake & can rotate the rear any time to any degree).
Braking is superb on both & hard to say which is better (probably the Megane).
Both cars have Akrapovic exhausts fitted & the Megane sounds good but the Clio sounds way better (also has extractors & no cats though which helps).
Overall i'd say you have to respect the Meganes ability whereas you can confidently flog the Clio to within an inch of its life.
Keep in mind my Clio is fully sorted & heavily upgraded in every respect & whilst the Megane is the most hardcore factory Renault you can buy, there's no substitute for track time & tailoring a track car to suit your taste. Give me time though...:thumb:

Last edited:
Nice, that Trophy R is special, we did not get any that I know of in south africa, looks like they all went to OZ.... LOL, you have to keep that Clio, can't walk away from such cool project, were will I get my fix now :wink:

Nice, that Trophy R is special, we did not get any that I know of in south africa, looks like they all went to OZ.... LOL, you have to keep that Clio, can't walk away from such cool project, were will I get my fix now :wink:

Lol, thanks for the kind words.
I competed in the NSW state titles on the weekend in the Clio & i'm certainly struggling with the idea of letting it go.
Thinking I might just keep both now, it's just too well sorted, too competitive & too much bloody fun.

Last edited:
Plenty of the mods on the Clio are on the Megane too...

Aluminium gearknob...
IMG_2928 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3153.JPG

Akrapovic exhausts...
IMG_3151.JPG

IMG_3150.JPG

Fullriver lightweight agm batteries...
IMG_3165.JPG

IMG_3166.JPG

Black diamond covers & debadged...
IMG_3172.JPG

IMG_3540 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Excellent semi slick so far (ive only done 2 events on them), I'd rank them above the Nitto & similar to the Hankook. Not as good as Advans but for half the price who cares.
The Hankooks went away badly when they started to wear. The Nittos were not so good initially but they didn't seem to drop away so much.
Definitely hard to go past the Nankang semi as far as bang for buck goes & yes I'd buy them again.

Last edited:
May I ask who? Back in the day of good exchange rates I used tirerack.com.

Are there any Australian ones you'd recommend? I've read bad reports of old stock (as you mention) so don't know who to trust.

Couple more additions to the Megane...

KTR intake kit (similar to Clio) & silicone intake hose;
IMG_3208.JPG

Fitted a stereo as I'm travelling 1-2 hours a day for now (fortunately all wiring for head unit & speakers was there);
IMG_3186.jpg

Vibratech dogbone mount (oem Megane mount is better than Clio mount but still benefitted from the upgrade);
IMG_3202.JPG

Last edited: