Hi from elcie

Hi, names Lewis and I'm from Southend.

I'm currently undertaking a full restoration/rebuild on my Renault 5 GT turbo track car, I have been doing this for a couple of months now, but the costs and time of the project is just escalating and only going to get bigger.
So I'm seriously thinking about selling up and getting a 197.

Few pictures of my 5

DSC03119-1.jpg

DSC03128.jpg

DSC03608.jpg

DSC03647.jpg

DSC03753.jpg

The engine is a fully forged f7p turbo from a clio valver and 19, should be pushing 300bhp+ once mapped on standalone management, In a car that should only weigh about 650-750kg.

user2797_pic15061_1298293683.jpg

Really quite fancy getting a red one for now and using it, then coming back to this kind of stuff later in life.

Sorry to brag thanks,
Lewis.

Last edited:
Oh WOW!!! :blush:hmy:

That is gorgeous! Very good effort on the restore, how long has it taken you and what state was it in when you got it!?

welcome.............................but!

keep the gt and dont get a 197 - sorry but that looks to good not to finish :thumbup1:

Unbelievable, that car looks stunning for its age. The gtt used to be my dream car as a boy haha.

If I had the time and money I would love to have a project car it would defo be a gtt.

Thanks everyone,

The first picture is how it looked when I got it, I had already been re-spayed the plan was to just change the engine but it escalated into doing everything else. Sorted through a lot of my parts today, few ready to go up for sale. engine is provisionally sold.

Been doing a lot of research into 197's, main things that have popped up are syncro's and window seals. not to much of a problem when you have owned a 5. :tongueout:

I know, looking forward to fresh start though,
Annoyed I just missed a ring trip due to not having a decent car other than a Ka atm.

5 look awesome mate. It'll be a shame to get rid, but it sounds like your minds made up. Welcome to the world of 197 ownership then. Your frustrations will now go from rust and reliability to finding some bloody power from the f4r!