Hi All, I have recently purchased a 197 and am doing hillclimbs and sprints with it. I want to know how to put negative camber on the front suspension

Hi all, I have recently bought a 197 and will be using it for hillclimbs and sprints. I would like to know how to put negative camber on the front suspension?
Thanks Mick

Was thinking about 2 degrees, not sure what they are as standard? Didn't really want to go with coilovers . On my 182 I just put camber bolts in but I know the 197 has a more complicated set up. Thanks

You can buy camber top mounts that fit OEM suspension too, like Pure Motorsport sell them, Comp Brake sell some too.

No problem, can I ask why you don't want to go to coilovers? Especially as you plan to hill climb and do sprints?

Mostly down to cost, it already has H&R lowered stiffened springs on it. Maybe one day, but I want to keep it driveable as a road car.

Reactions: suj
to get 2-2,5 degrees , i think the better option are the polybushings with camber setting in the front of the wishbone.

standard is by the way 1-1,5 degrees

Mostly down to cost, it already has H&R lowered stiffened springs on it. Maybe one day, but I want to keep it driveable as a road car.

That's fair enough, but for perspective top mounts are not really cheap, like £150-200 (or a lot more for the Pure Motorsport ones, but they're much better than the Comp Brake ones, many failures on here), you could put a bit extra and get something like Yellowspeed Racing that come with adjustable top mounts, they also have damping adjustment etc.
Also coilovers are fine for road, most coilovers actually ride better on the road than H&R springs, they're very harsh and crashy (why I chose not to get them).
Just some info for you, not forcing your hand to spend.

I run my 197 on cup dampers and H&R lowering springs on hills and I've never seen the need to swap out to be honest.

Thanks Dave, my standard dampers are a bit tired so I was thinking of replacing them with new cup ones. Was thinking of polybushing the rear beam also.