Anybody else 200 feel sluggish recently ?

Hey guys just wondering if it's just me but I know the 197 / 200 have the cold start issue but I always start my Clio for 5/10 mins before hand and wait for the temp needle to reach the middle before I thrash it I've just had a service at Renault and diagnostic for my esp which has been fixed now so I know it's not an issue and there's no faults however recently I've felt as though the car seems lacking maybe it's where I am now use to the car as I've had it 7 Months (previous car Clio 172 ) I'm not sure but it feels like the car is not as powerful as it use to could it be down to the cold weather can't be brake related as they've been checked last couple of months any advice thanks :smile:

They are twice as fast now we have the cold moist air, makes the air more dense and engines love it. They will produce more power now than in the middle of summer. Get it on a dyno, it is always good for reference anyway, then if you do do mods you can see if they work or not.

If there is a problem it is a lot easier to diagnose on a dyno as well.

Thanks for the advice yeah I just don't know what is I check everything over at least once a month but it just feels holding back at the moment having said that it might be just me as I'm working and tired a lot recently the car hasn't been pushed I might put some super unleaded in see if that makes any difference

I always use shell vpower or tesco 99, mine has an erratic idle on cheap fuel but is happy on the good stuff, i'm wondering if the toyosports manifold is the cause of the idle issue I don't know if it's been mapped since it was fitted

I'll fill it up tomorrow with super and see how It goes I did use 99 for a while but couldn't really afford to keep it with the miles I do I'll put it back on that see if it helps I do think it could just be me being stupid though I have been taking it slow recently though can't complain I gess that's not a bad thing :smile:

I'll fill it up tomorrow with super and see how It goes I did use 99 for a while but couldn't really afford to keep it with the miles I do I'll put it back on that see if it helps I do think it could just be me being stupid though I have been taking it slow recently though can't complain I gess that's not a bad thing :smile:

It works out to under £5 difference for a full tank between the two

You'll need a few tanks through the car before it will adjust to the good stuff. I've only ever run mine on BP Ultimate (best you can get in NI) and it seems to go well on it.

Hey guys just wondering if it's just me but I know the 197 / 200 have the cold start issue but I always start my Clio for 5/10 mins before hand and wait for the temp needle to reach the middle before I thrash it I've just had a service at Renault and diagnostic for my esp which has been fixed now so I know it's not an issue and there's no faults however recently I've felt as though the car seems lacking maybe it's where I am now use to the car as I've had it 7 Months (previous car Clio 172 ) I'm not sure but it feels like the car is not as powerful as it use to could it be down to the cold weather can't be brake related as they've been checked last couple of months any advice thanks :smile:

No chance. I haven't driven my car hard in about two weeks. It's been granny driven because I'm flat on my arse. Slammed some petrol in it last night and headed up to a strip by my house just for a late night drive. The car pulled lovely, much more efficient than before. Lowered the tyres to 29psi just to see if it would make a difference and when warm, they are the ultimate tyre (AD08r). Blew my mind around the twisties and bringing the car out of the bends was like lightning too.

80% of the time I use VPower Nitro+
20% of the time I use Tesco 99 Momentum if I'm in a Tesco and need a quick needle lift.

^^^You wont get them anywhere close to warm on the road late at night!

No chance. I haven't driven my car hard in about two weeks. It's been granny driven because I'm flat on my arse. Slammed some petrol in it last night and headed up to a strip by my house just for a late night drive. The car pulled lovely, much more efficient than before. Lowered the tyres to 29psi just to see if it would make a difference and when warm, they are the ultimate tyre (AD08r). Blew my mind around the twisties and bringing the car out of the bends was like lightning too.

20% of the time I use Tesco 99 Momentum if I'm in a Tesco and need a quick needle lift.

say_what_2125.jpg

:tongueout:

Agreed mate, for the price they are an excellent tyre :thumbup1:

Haven't got a bloody clue why, but swear blind, my car is much faster with the oil level in the middle. Have in the past topped right up, and is much slower ??????

Haven't got a bloody clue why, but swear blind, my car is much faster with the oil level in the middle. Have in the past topped right up, and is much slower ??????

It's blatantly the extra weight of all that oil that's slowing you down :wink:

But seriously, sounds strange! Might be placebo? Or that you've over filled the oil

It's blatantly the extra weight of all that oil that's slowing you down :wink:

But seriously, sounds strange! Might be placebo? Or that you've over filled the oil
Not a chance mate ! As I said don't know why. On max it is slower........