Help with Price Guys :)

Guys, I'm just after an opinion as to how much my Clio 200 is worth as after purchasing myself a house I'd be making myself a lot better off selling it.
There is outstanding finance on it which will obviously be paid straight off once the cars been brought, before the new owner takes it off my hands.

Anyway its a 2011 Renaultsport Clio 200 in Liquid Yellow.
* Registered June 2011
* Cup Chasis
* Liquid Yellow Paint
* Recaro's in immaculate condition
* Only 3700 miles
* Alloys immaculate

The Interior and Paintwork is immaculate barring a couple of minor stone chips on the gloss black part on the front bumper.
The car's completely standard barring some yellow silicon hoses in the engine bay which was brought from Xeon off here but will be sold with the standard hoses as well if wanted.

IMG_0477.jpgIMG_0475.jpgIMG_0468.jpgIMG_0464.jpgIMG_0462.jpgIMG_0454.jpgIMG_0456.jpgIMG_0459.jpgSDC12046.jpg
SDC12045.jpg

To be honest mate, I don't wanna sell her and can afford to keep her but it would make me a lot better off money wise a month if I sell up, think I'm gonna have to have a good think about it :smile:

If I do sell, I'll keep you in mind for the hoses

To be honest mate, I don't wanna sell her and can afford to keep her but it would make me a lot better off money wise a month if I sell up, think I'm gonna have to have a good think about it :smile:

If I do sell, I'll keep you in mind for the hoses

I can imagine it will free the £££ up especially owning your own home mate, good luck with whatever way you go with it though :smile:

And yea Defo keep me in mind for hoses :wink:

What about swapping it for a twingo 133? Does this mean your not coming to Scotland any more? :worried:

What about swapping it for a twingo 133? Does this mean your not coming to Scotland any more? :worried:

I'm still coming to scotland mate, just might not be in the clio, possibly a MG ZS 180 or whatever cheaper car I get to replace it :smile:

I'd hope for more than 13k with the condition and low milage. Was hoping more like 14.5k to be honest looking at the prices of similar age + milage 200's

You do realise that you are unlikey to get a private buyer when there is outstanding finance on the car. I know I wouldn't personally touch one unless it was cleared BEFORE I handed over any money.

The idea is that the buyer pays the finance company off then gives any extra money to the seller - already checked on this with rci finance.

I'm still coming to scotland mate, just might not be in the clio, possibly a MG ZS 180 or whatever cheaper car I get to replace it :smile:

Sweet! Good luck with the sale, will be in touch regarding Scotland

The idea is that the buyer pays the finance company off then gives any extra money to the seller - already checked on this with rci finance.

How much is the outstanding finance mate? You will be lucky if you receive extra money on top given the circumstances. There are a lot of clios in the market at the moment and noone seems to buy:mellow:...

Great car you got there btw, good luck with the sell:smile:

I'd hope for more than 13k with the condition and low milage. Was hoping more like 14.5k to be honest looking at the prices of similar age + milage 200's

Dealer cars are always over-priced because they expect the punters to haggle

You can't really expect to get dealer money in a private sale

£14.5k is a little optimistic, nice as the car is

I paid sub £13k for a FF200, cup chassis, Recaros on a 61 plate from a dealer. 4k miles, 1 previous private owner, mint and 100% factory original (I am very, very fussy a few months ago.

Last edited:
11500 trade

12250-12500 on a PX upwards

12500-12900 private

13800-14250 Dealer to sell is about the mark

Also having finance makes it slightly harder to sell-

Spec is a bit sparse as well-

S

Last edited:
Watching the prices on these all the time. In the last 6/7 months the prices have dropped significantly. With the new shape due soon, I would shift it on sooner rather than later even if you do not get what you would like for it. On the other hand, a smart looking motor like yours I would be very reluctant to let go. I'd rather keep it and struggle on than give it to a dealer for peanuts. Then again i am very stubborn and the downside of that is that you regret many of your decisions when you look back in hindsight.

Watching the prices on these all the time. In the last 6/7 months the prices have dropped significantly. With the new shape due soon, I would shift it on sooner rather than later even if you do not get what you would like for it.

I'm not so sure about that.

The new Clio is a 5 door only model so will lose alot of its "sportiness" IMO.

I agree that a new model tends to have a knock on effect to the residual value of previous models but I'm not sure how popular a 5 door Renaultsport Clio will be. Plus it is a Turbo.

Same situation as Focus ST's. The later cars are holding their money surprisingly well (I've recently sold one) and the new model (due soon) is a 5 door only 2.0 Turbo. (bye bye Volvo 5 pot).

It's all about cost cutting and only making 1 bodyshell. Turbo's also have a limited appeal.