Fault code help

HI ive got a 197 cup about a month ago and im struggling to get it to run right. Car is on 62k miles
Issues ive had so far are
Changed the belts and dephaser as there was no written proof of being done before. Engine was found to be a good bit out of timing on exhaust side. not sure how but it was no where near to fitting the timing tool according to the garage i went to (Rentec)
Acoustic valve has also failed giving me a eml light.

Im still experiencing a stutter/ wavy power feeling when accelerating 1/4-3/4 Throttle around the 3k to 5k rpm range. it doesn't accelerate in a consistent way and low to mid range is poor even for a na motor of this kind
im going to try some other coils and see if that helps i just wondered if anyone else experienced anything similar

codes i currently get are
DTC013043
2075DF
Thank you

New coils and fresh plugs - check and clean PCV, check and clean throttle body. Check/clean lambda sensors - perhaps they are causing incorrect air/fuel ratio due to being faulty (a guess)....

What exhaust do you have? Any other modifications?

Personally - I would recommend doing the basics (plugs, coils, service/fresh fluids and filters etc) and then look at remap (fastchip.nl was great for me but you may want to get yours mapped at rentec/ktec, just don't get a bullshit off-the-shelf map, get one tailored to your specific car/mods).

Hope this helps!

Reactions: LiamP
Hi thanks for the reply. Only mods are scorpion cat back and a manifold not sure on brand with only one stock cat welded in.

It had new ngl platnum plugs along with millers oil and a filter change at the same time when I had the belt sorted about 100 miles ago.
I’ve checked the pcv and gave it a clean as well as the map sensor and made sure it’s not super loose

As for coils last night I swapped in my mates set which are bosh brand and all work in his car. However it didn’t fix the misfire for me so I’m not confident they’re the issue.
Car was mapped by previous owner at rpm remapping near Leeds and I tried contacting them to ask if it’s a custom map or just a flashed map but can’t get hold of them. I think I’m going to change my coils anyway as they don’t look the best and then get it properly remapped like you say

clear the fault codes and drive it again to see what comes back as not all those maybe "new"

then as already said basics first.....but could be the lambda sensor issue causing wrong fuelling....

Good advice here. I picked mine up with 81k on the clock and the spark plugs were the first things that were needed. How new were the ones on there already? Did they replace all of them or just one or a few of them?

Noting you said it is already remapped - Perhaps this was done whilst it was slight out of timing and is causing the issue(s)? I'm not clued up on mapping and timing etc... However, when I went to have my 197 mapped, Henk from Fastchip noticed it had already been "mapped" but the timing was advanced so much he was concerned that it could've blown at any moment. He [very kindly] gave me the stock/base map to flash to my ECU before doing anything else. I noticed an immediate difference in performance compared to whatever map was on it before. I then provided plenty of logs and live sensor details etc, where he came back with a tailored map to suit my specific vehicle.

Something to be mindful of; if you plan on doing any more performance mods, get them done before you get it mapped :smile:

Reactions: Sean197