Help with fitting a fixed back bucket seat?

Hello,

I have been given an older fixed-back racing seat made by an Australian company named Velo. I'm trying to find an easy(ish) way to mount it, that will allow me to relatively easily swap between my stock recaro and the fixed seat for track use. The seat uses side mounts from what I can see but also has 4 large holes on the bottom in each corner.

What is people's advice as to the easiest way to do this? It is possible to mount the seat onto the stock frame somehow, or am I best to unbolt the whole setup and bolt in a new subframe for the race seat? I've heard OMP are no good as they don't centre the seat with the wheel which is not ideal. I'm about 6'1 for reference.

Any advice would be appreciated! Will post some pics below of the seat and it's mounting points. Thanks,

Alex

Best subframe is the Sparco one as it positions the seat centrally to the steering wheel. It can be mounted to the 4 floor holes direct, or even on top of the oem sliders to retain adjustment.

I would buy some spare oem sliders from eBay for ~£20-30 each and a pair of Sparco bases. Then the seats (with sidemounts) will fit to that setup.
By doing that you can leave the base setup attached to the bucket and your seat swap will be only the 4 floor bolts.

The only thing with a random seat (and effects any off the shelf parts) is the bolt widths might be weird. But you can get sidemounts with a fair amount of admustment in them. I'd also go for fairly tall side mounts, or at least ones that afford you the option of raising the seat enough.

As it happens, I have a brand new (trial fitted only) Sparco drivers side subframe still: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?51115-Sparco-drivers-seat-subframe

Best subframe is the Sparco one as it positions the seat centrally to the steering wheel. It can be mounted to the 4 floor holes direct, or even on top of the oem sliders to retain adjustment.

I would buy some spare oem sliders from eBay for ~£20-30 each and a pair of Sparco bases. Then the seats (with sidemounts) will fit to that setup.
By doing that you can leave the base setup attached to the bucket and your seat swap will be only the 4 floor bolts.

The only thing with a random seat (and effects any off the shelf parts) is the bolt widths might be weird. But you can get sidemounts with a fair amount of admustment in them. I'd also go for fairly tall side mounts, or at least ones that afford you the option of raising the seat enough.

As it happens, I have a brand new (trial fitted only) Sparco drivers side subframe still: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?51115-Sparco-drivers-seat-subframe

Thanks for in depth reply Rich. Great advice there, that I'll definitely put to use. I've decided that this seat is pretty old and probably not worth putting in right now, so I'm going to hold off until I get something better than the recaros. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk