Help with brakes??

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
In 2 weeks im having all my brakes done, Im taking the calipers off and painting them yellow (also got replacement brembo stickers to get them looking good) also ordering some braided hoses, but while my brakes are all apart i want to up grade them (discs and pads) i dnt really do track days so just want a set of fast road stuff, also dont want to pay mega bucks, just wondering what people reconmend?
cheers,
Mark

I'd stick with standard discs and upgrade the pads and fluid.

Id go for,
Ferrodo DS2500 front and rear (K-Tec)
Motul RBF 600 (opie oils)

ds2500 very good but the dust is quite bad from them

ebc red are good and low dust or even try yellow

failing that if the brakes have been apart and serviced just stick with standard pads as the performance tails off as the pads seize in the calipers over time

as for rears - ferodo ds pads are fine - failing that standard pads and again calipers and fittings serviced should make it all work fine

brake fluid - quality make dot4 - plenty to choose from

Last edited:
or you could buy the megane 230 brakes from ktec these are cross drilled and make the car look mean, brembo are great disks high carbon they last for ages so its a good investment as u dont need to change as much. ive added a picture of my brembo sport brakes i had on my last car i think the gold was a brake in coating. these were combined with EBC green and man did they stop the car faster than anything else.
SP_A0037.gif

dont get cross drilled there known to crack between the holes

im taking cross drilled off my meggy and replacing them solid brembo discs

I'd keep discs standard and spend the extra money on Carbone Lorraine pads and fluid all round.

It totally transforms the car.

you really have to be driving like a F1 driver to de cracking disks. poor quality disks are also prone to crack. brembo and AP racing are at the top of the list making the highest quality stuff as theyv been at it for years.

Think my first upgrade will be brakes/ discs, pads oil & tubes...

As per Mark1873, was going to change pads to Ferodo DS2500.