HELP! problem with engine

Hi guys,

I have a strange problem .. with my 197 that i think is from igtion area but i need your advice or someone had my problem:

1) When engine is cold i have judders that i feel in my car and when i start to accelerate i have a intreruption .... that u can see/listen in my moviea at time "0:10" :
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYmqdlilHtY&context=C4ad49d8ADvjVQa1PpcFMDqBaZ32ejg59-mnUUVObFkGDgOElSC48=[/YOUTUBE]

2)the engine has a interruption when is on idle ..if u are listen carefully u will hear on the exhaust in movie above "0:23 - 0:24" , "0:27", this problem apper when engine is cold and hot.

3)i have another noise that i found the resolution here on forum:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aeiHkcyjto&context=C4012c86ADvjVQa1PpcFMDqBaZ32ejg8JscosHyvxXRoAwq1T2I1A=[/YOUTUBE]

but i think it`s a roll from cam-belt and i doesn`t think that will affect my firs two problems.

i mention that i change the engine mounting, i tried with another spark plugs, but otherwise the engine goes well..

Thanks,

Last edited:
a remap wont get rid of kangerooing, might help it but not get rid.

i search for the "kangerooing" and i found what it means .. :smile:

Roy u said to another user question:

It's called kangerooing once it's warm it stops
Or turn T/C off for 5 mins and it will be fine

i heard something about my 1st problem but one of they told me it's ok this is the manifest of their car .. other one told me that his 197 doest's make this "kangerooing" and i don't no what to belive ...

what doesn't mean: Or turn T/C off for 5 mins and it will be fine? maybe it's a stupid question but i'm new in this area ...

Thank you,
Alex

basically when cold the engine runs quite rough, when driving when cold, it can jolt when apllying the accelerator after changing gear. this is normal, anyone that says different is telling fibs. some people have found that that turning traction control off (T/C) helps with the running when cold, and using better grade of petrol (ron 99)

Alex,

The 3rd video is mine.

I went to Renault and after a long battle they changed the cambelt and aux belt kit.

It was one of the rollers.. Depheser maybe.

Matt

hi mdking,

i know it's your post and i write on your post:

hi,

i have same problem to .. please tell me did they change your cam-belt?
the problem with that noise was solved?

thx,

Alex