Help Needed

Hi all,

Am trying to dechrome my clio 200, however my door bullets just will not budge. Used WD40 to try loosen them up but no use. I've read you slide them to back or the car for 10mm and they fall off, but mine won't move at all! Anyone know how to get thses bastards off? Thanks.

Attachments

• 20201208_152125.jpg
    20201208_152125.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 17
The red circle parts will stop it from sliding back you need to slide something thin and flat to lift the tags out of the door notches or stop them catching or someone has had them off before and bonded them on cause the tags are broken. Is it worth taking off? clean them in place or be prepared to replace them and go ahead.
1607449757274.png
1607449813015.png

Reactions: joehodges154
If they are glued on use the teeth floss trick like removing badges go from the back to the front edge that way it should cut the bond and not catch on the tags.
1607450299821.png

From recent experience; You need to take off the indicator first, it should just "pinch" out. I can't remember how mine came out but it wasn't too much hassle, just remember the lenses do not come off, it should come out as a whole unit and then bulb twists something like 90 degrees and pulls out. Then you can slide the chrome bits toward where the indicators fit by around 10mm and they'll pretty much fall out in your hand after that.

I think I used a small plastic card (like a credit card type) to get under it and assist with getting it started but they came out pretty easy with no damage etc.

I sprayed all mine black along with door handles etc, black on black looks much better imo.

Good luck fella!

From recent experience; You need to take off the indicator first, it should just "pinch" out. I can't remember how mine came out but it wasn't too much hassle, just remember the lenses do not come off, it should come out as a whole unit and then bulb twists something like 90 degrees and pulls out. Then you can slide the chrome bits toward where the indicators fit by around 10mm and they'll pretty much fall out in your hand after that.

I think I used a small plastic card (like a credit card type) to get under it and assist with getting it started but they came out pretty easy with no damage etc.

I sprayed all mine black along with door handles etc, black on black looks much better imo.

Good luck fella!
[/QUOTYe can

I can get the indicator off easy enough as seen in the photo I attached in my original post^, but after that I haven't got a chance, did try using a flathead screwdriver to try pop them off but realised very quickly I'd most probably break them. Will try using a card tomorrow. Did you put the card in at the rear or front of the bullet? I assume the front and it lifts off and send slides down? And I agree on that one, mines glacier white and with black badges, and carbon door handles on the way, I thought it'd be best to spray these too, lets hope I can get them off tomorrow.:think::censored:

If you can pour hot water over the plastic and let it warm up so it is not as brittle or carefully with a heat gun at a distance it might soften the bond anyway good luck

I can get the indicator off easy enough as seen in the photo I attached in my original post^, but after that I haven't got a chance, did try using a flathead screwdriver to try pop them off but realised very quickly I'd most probably break them. Will try using a card tomorrow. Did you put the card in at the rear or front of the bullet? I assume the front and it lifts off and send slides down? And I agree on that one, mines glacier white and with black badges, and carbon door handles on the way, I thought it'd be best to spray these too, lets hope I can get them off tomorrow.:think::censored:
Sorry mate, I missed the photo close up, didn't realise you'd already taken the indicator lenses off! If they are pretty 'stuck' on there then Turkie's idea to use hot water to loosen them up and make sure they aren't as brittle (less prone to cracking the plastic then) is sensible.

I think one side made a sort of "click" when it first budged, just take your time and you'll be fine I reckon. With the card, get a light and see if they have been glued on?

Last resort, maybe take door card off and see if you can check what they look like from the other side. If they have been glued in the past, you'll see it a mile off. If not, you'll see the tabs and you may have enough room to get your hand in there and loosen it up also!

Sorry mate, I missed the photo close up, didn't realise you'd already taken the indicator lenses off! If they are pretty 'stuck' on there then Turkie's idea to use hot water to loosen them up and make sure they aren't as brittle (less prone to cracking the plastic then) is sensible.

I think one side made a sort of "click" when it first budged, just take your time and you'll be fine I reckon. With the card, get a light and see if they have been glued on?

Last resort, maybe take door card off and see if you can check what they look like from the other side. If they have been glued in the past, you'll see it a mile off. If not, you'll see the tabs and you may have enough room to get your hand in there and loosen it up also!

If you can pour hot water over the plastic and let it warm up so it is not as brittle or carefully with a heat gun at a distance it might soften the bond anyway good luck

Cheers fellas, am giving it a go tomorrow and not giving up until they're off! Will keep you updated. Appreciate the help.

Well, success and failure, they're off. Using warm water, a nandos card and 3 flathead screw drivers. Unfortunately I have snapped one of the four clips. Any suggestions for when I need to put it back on. Its the bottom left corner.

Attachments

• 20201209_111833.jpg
    20201209_111833.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20201209_111830.jpg
    20201209_111830.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
Second one popped off a treat. Cheers Frank and Turkie, warm water and card tricked did wonders.

Attachments

• 16075136349501712550505367378661.jpg
    16075136349501712550505367378661.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
I removed my door billets, sprayed black with plastic paint, let cure for a week, the scratched of the RS letters to show the chrome lettering.
Super pimp, I will post a pic tomorrow when the sun comes back up.

I removed my door billets, sprayed black with plastic paint, let cure for a week, the scratched of the RS letters to show the chrome lettering.
Super pimp, I will post a pic tomorrow when the sun comes back up.

Perfect mate, I like the full black look