Help Looking for a 197/200

Hello matey just read Some one on here has bought the F1 in Ireland

Absolutely! At last!!! It was too nice to be just sitting there. If we didn't get ours, that was going to be my backup!

To be fair though, a famous AG Cup would have certainly grabbed my attention too! But Mrs. M had her sights very much set on RB. Not quite so rare as your 1 of 18, but once she decided, it left me the small task of finding the best one in 34!

:smiley:

Last edited:
I must say here are some stunning examples on this forum. From the originals to the Megane engined sleepers to the special edition Raiders.

I must say here are some stunning examples on this forum. From the originals to the Megane engined sleepers to the special edition Raiders.

Think that is because as most are enthusiast owned most look after them, I'd say non forum owners who own them just for the sake of it would not take the care that we would! It's always good to hear members bigging up the car you have just bought! It really goes a long way to help make a decision

Reactions: Jimmy
Sad news for me as I'm no longer buying the alien green 200 cup :-(. The previous owner told me about the car and well let's just say I'm no longer interested.

So the search continues

Paul

Sad news for me as I'm no longer buying the alien green 200 cup :-(. The previous owner told me about the car and well let's just say I'm no longer interested.

So the search continues

Paul

Shame Paul. But clearly for the best....in respect of your interests.

Do tell at least some of the story though. All part of the process............

***They tell me you have to kiss a few frog's to find your prince :smile:

Apparently it has started to crunch in 3rd gear. Light damage on drivers side front bumper and was raced hard as a track car for a while and developed steering rack knock and front suspension wear.

Reactions: ///M
Sorry to hear that, bit disheartening when that happens but at least you found out now rather that later

Very true and agree it is disheartening but that's how it goes with cars plus it's made more difficult by my high standards. Not looking for perfection just a well cared for example. The best part of buying a new car for me is doing all the touches and mods to make it your own.
Best of luck with yours this weekend I'm sure you won't be disappointed looks a cracking car.

Paul

Reactions: Cossers
I'm v happy with it, John even washed it for me to pick up tomorrow! As I said to him today, the pics really don't do the car justice! The interior is honestly unmarked! I astonished it 9 years old!

Reactions: paul jennings
Sad news paul . Are you still wanting a alien green or you open to other colours ? I see k tec have a AG in stock but its £9.995 .

Hey don't forget us Gordini's!! Lol

Sorry to hear that the sale hasn't gone ahead though Paul, but as been said least it was better to find out before you made the purchase and good luck continuing the search. You'll know you've got the right one and the wait will be worth it when you do :thumb:

Sad news paul . Are you still wanting a alien green or you open to other colours ? I see k tec have a AG in stock but its £9.995 .

No I'm not to bothered about colour just want a well looked after example with full service history.
I intend to keep the car long term so needs to be a good one I will keep looking and I'm sure I will find the right car :french:

Sorry to hear it all fell through Paul, but hopefully it hasn't dampened your enthusiasm for finding a good one. It's fortunate you found out the full details at this stage though, it could have been an unpleasant first few days of ownership otherwise!

Best of luck with the search.