Help - lights won’t turn off

Gindyb

Paid Member
hi all, just came home & locked the car in the usual way & the front lights remain on if though the car is locked & alarmed.

I had a quick look through the manual & I could see the section around ‘auto light activation’.

I’m at a loss what to do next, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gindy

2011 200 cup

Silly question! Have you tried turning them off by twisting the stalk? Or turning them on and then off kinda thing?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Check you've not disturbed the wiring on the wiper stalk.
There's one on the front and two on the back

hold the button on the end of the stalk... this will disable the auto lights... but they should go off when car is locked :/

It's most likely the UPC unit its the box behind the passenger headlight it's the electrical switching box when they fail the car can do some silly things. If you unplug the stalk and it still happens then its not the stalk the only other thing can be the UCH the box located behind the glovebox its job is to take the commands of the dash/stalk controls etc and tell the UPC to activate the circuits. I once had a Williams style 16v Clio that would not turn off in the garage forecourt even after I switched the ignition off took the keys out and locked the door I had to stall it but on the phone to my brother who was a Renault service manager at the time said it was a blown rear bulb which was causing it and that turned out to be true.
upload_2019-11-22_1-11-37.png
upload_2019-11-22_1-11-56.png

Reactions: stuey and Marsch
its mad that it was just a rear bulb. on my 172 i had flashing lights on my dash when i braked and found out it was a bulb in the rear light! FRENCH for ya!