Help indicator for right turn not working

is it just the rear one not working? or the whole side?

if its just the rear one...check the multi plug on the rear of the lamp unit - done a few where they are a bad connection

Ok from what I've heard this is a common fault but if it's common why isn't there much written about it online lol?

I don't know if I can fix my current stalk, I'm kinda worried to take it apart and then be in a worse place, or just order a new part? Is ebay ok for parts?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152010343047

Genuine Renault Clio MK3 III Indicator Switch Stalk. New. 7701057090

Before buying that, id be actually checking none of them connecter blocks that come from the stalk into the plugs have not come loose/out.

I had this EXACT problem with mine. Take the steering wheel cowling off, and then check the red wire that leads from both stalks and make sure it is firmly plugged in.

In the end, I took my indicator switch apart and cleaned it all and roughened up the rollers and that seems to have fixed it, touch wood.

The stalk on my old 1.2 had problems also, the connectors seem to wear pretty easily! I had an issue with switching between main/dipped beam! The amount of times I'd have some poor person flashing their lights at me while I'm frantically trying to get my lights to dip haha

I replaced it and that was job sorted! Pleased you got it fixed

The stalk on my old 1.2 had problems also, the connectors seem to wear pretty easily! I had an issue with switching between main/dipped beam! The amount of times I'd have some poor person flashing their lights at me while I'm frantically trying to get my lights to dip haha

I replaced it and that was job sorted! Pleased you got it fixed
I haven't fixed it, it's just started working again with no input, ghost in the machine.

Reactions: Big Ben
Intermittent electrical faults. Blurghhhhhhh. Who needs that in their life !

Hope it stays fixed; but fearing purchasing another new one might prove prudent.

Good luck.

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
Ok I need a miracle to fix this I think. This is whats happening....when I get in the car the right indicator works fine and continues to work until the car gets warm, and I mean engine and interior, any journey over the 30 minute mark and it stops working!?? surely this cant be mechanical? HELP! :smile:

I'd be replacing it fully if it was mine. Another dent in the wallet unfortunately :excited:

I'd just take it apart and make sure nothing's loose.

Could just be a bump in road knocking something back into place, then out of place again?

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench