HELP! Fuel Flap Stuck!

Hey,

My fuel flap wont open. I've tried wd40 and can't find the emergency opening in the boot.

Anyone have any idea's??? Running way low :smile:

Thanks,
John

Hey,

Cheers, no, a lot of forums say to take off the trim in the boot and there should be a ring to pull to open the fuel flap. Can't manage to find it!

Hmmm I may not make it to work :smile:

John

did you get sorted? have you tried double locking the car and unlocking it more than once? if you pull where the finger hole is does it move? e.g is the lock still enabled ?

not sorted yet, tried locking and unlocking the car loads of times.

there's no movement in the flap if I pull at it while locking and unlocking the car... damn you renault!

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71241 I assume this is what you where talking about ?

If you look inside the boot area on the side where the fuel cap area is - you will see a pull ring arrangement that you can pull to open the fuel flap... this is an emergency release..

You may have to peel back the material up the side of the car "wall" to reveal the mechanism depending on exact model...

That will allow you to use the fuel flap - put fuel in etc until such a time as you can get the component sorted out... it usually means a new motor for the fuel flap ... but you can sort that out then..

Read more: Renault clio Mk3 05 model locking petrol cap is stuck closed - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/2g...ng-petrol-cap-stuck-closed.html#ixzz1VsmsgOe5

have you taken the boot carpet out ?

there's a second answer being

Hello again, Thank you for your reply..

You are looking too far in the boot area if you have located the seat belt fittings ..

You need to be looking toward the rear of the car - toward the rear light / lamp unit area.. between there and the fuel flap ...and you will find it then.. :wink:

I hope that helps you further...

Best Rgds, MIKE..

Read more: Renault New Clio Dinamique reg 06 , the petrol flap is locked - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/2s...-reg-06-petrol-flap-locked.html#ixzz1VsnPVdiO

there's actually nothing there. i will soldier on in the darkness!

I suppose if anyone has come across this at all they would know :smile:

Ugh, it looks like the solenoid is gone, not looking forward to pricing a new one. I got it open in the end thanks to a cached google post. Basically there's no easy access release, you need to take off the interior panel that the right rear seat belt feeds through. it is the white one and comes off easily.

the text is below, I will attach some pics too.

"This happened to our 55 plate clio this weekend. And I felt compelled to join this forum to post a bit of useful/accurate "how to" information.

On our model, it a regular bog standard clio, there is no emergency release pulley or clip despite what the previous posts say. I phoned the renault dealership that sold us the car and they confirmed this.

It is possible however, as I discovered eventually, to squeeze ones hand onto a tiny element of the central locking solenoid that locks the fuel tank door if you unclip the trim around the rear A frame where the fuel door is situated.

On our clio (with the trim removed) we seem to have an airbag unit just the above the seat belt unit. To the right and very slightly up from the airbag gas canister it is possible to get ones hand in to a small gap (this will be directly above the fuel door. Here you can feel what seems to be the top of a small piston or plunger. This is the lock device for the fuel door which you can pull up. This should "manually release the fuel door and you can fill up and then sort the route cause of the problem.

DO NOT attempt to tear off the door, there is no way for it to come off without causing major damage despite what you may think.

Hope this helps

Vaz"

Attachments

• a_one.jpg
    a_one.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 912
  • c_three.jpg
    c_three.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 860
  • d_four.jpg
    d_four.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 854
  • e__five.jpg
    e__five.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 899
I'd ****in snap the thing off mate and take it back to Renault it's a joke

Ugh, it looks like the solenoid is gone, not looking forward to pricing a new one. I got it open in the end thanks to a cached google post. Basically there's no easy access release, you need to take off the interior panel that the right rear seat belt feeds through. it is the white one and comes off easily.

the text is below, I will attach some pics too.

"This happened to our 55 plate clio this weekend. And I felt compelled to join this forum to post a bit of useful/accurate "how to" information.

On our model, it a regular bog standard clio, there is no emergency release pulley or clip despite what the previous posts say. I phoned the renault dealership that sold us the car and they confirmed this.

It is possible however, as I discovered eventually, to squeeze ones hand onto a tiny element of the central locking solenoid that locks the fuel tank door if you unclip the trim around the rear A frame where the fuel door is situated.

On our clio (with the trim removed) we seem to have an airbag unit just the above the seat belt unit. To the right and very slightly up from the airbag gas canister it is possible to get ones hand in to a small gap (this will be directly above the fuel door. Here you can feel what seems to be the top of a small piston or plunger. This is the lock device for the fuel door which you can pull up. This should "manually release the fuel door and you can fill up and then sort the route cause of the problem.

DO NOT attempt to tear off the door, there is no way for it to come off without causing major damage despite what you may think.

Hope this helps

Vaz"

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this :thumbup:

Just happened to me today and you only check this when you are on fumes..... The pictures really helped too. I put some WD40 on the pin and locked and unlocked the doors aquite a few times and the fuel cap unlocked a couple of times so I suppose it is new motor time.

What an awkward place to got to.

So my next question having tested the fuel flap over the last 2 days and finding that it sometimes unlocks and sometimes doesn't is, did you change the motor and how difficult a job was it?

Haven't changed it yet. If I do I will let you know, and if you do, likewise :smile:

Blew all my money on a track day so the fuel flap will have to wait.

Haven't changed it yet. If I do I will let you know, and if you do, likewise :smile:

Blew all my money on a track day so the fuel flap will have to wait.

Jealous. How many tanks of fuel did you go through?

I'm going to order the part next week. Don't really want to pay for install as I have already stripped the interior panel but it is a very small space to work in.

Spoken to Renault and the solenoid/motor is a single part. I think it is just under £50 + vat. Will tell you more when I speak to the parts department.