help brake fade

Hi guys have only owned my clio 197 sport for just over six weeks now but I have a scary problem! After hard acceleration when I try to stop I have little braking power yet if I poodle around and drive sedately my brakes are brill can anyone on here give me some advice please.

Service them and stick in set of new pins in the front ones. They're well known for seizing.

Might be crap pads as well. As Paddy says, strip the brakes down. They need yearly servicing

it is really..jack it up..take the wheel off..the biggest ball ache is to get the pins out usually..after that its just taking the pads out..cleaning the caliper and i would change pads if it was me..i had some crap pads on recently thinking they were ferodo..they were but some rubbish ones..changed for mintex m1144 and ive got my breaks back again..

But should be fine using the above guide.

It's not rocket science.

got the mintex m1144 and they perform awesome..give them a go and u wont be disappointed..only £61 from ebay...

got the mintex m1144 and they perform awesome..give them a go and u wont be disappointed..only £61 from ebay...

I have these to and great for every day and a light spirited drive, however I managed to cook these on the Black Mountains on Sunday. Lovely blue smoke pouring out of them.

I have these to and great for every day and a light spirited drive, however I managed to cook these on the Black Mountains on Sunday. Lovely blue smoke pouring out of them.
they are veeeery good.i cant believe u cooked them...must have been going on it pretty hard then..well,they got the job done..are u getting a new pair or swapping for something else??

they are veeeery good.i cant believe u cooked them...must have been going on it pretty hard then..well,they got the job done..are u getting a new pair or swapping for something else??

They have proved well in the past on the road however I did give them some stick an as I didn't know the road as well I probably over braked a little late.
I'm going to keep them on for now as they haven't been on for a year yet. Might stick something else in like 1155's as they have a much higher temp rating when the time comes.