HELP 200 leaking petrol

Just brimmed my tank at the Shell station, while waiting to pay I could see a puddle under the car and dripping. Paid and holy moses, well sort of, I have petrol that seems to be coming from the top of the tank. Highly dangerous, is this what happens when you fill them up, trigger had just tripped and I squeezed in another £0.40.

The leak is from the top of the tank at the front, seems to be running over and down the front of the tank. Is there an overflow, is it just the hot weather, or do I have a problem. Anyone removed the tank and can shed some light. I have done about 10 miles now and it seems to of stopped, but still a smell of petrol.

Any help appreciated, and if this is in the wrong section, please move to the correct section, ta

you need it to be looked at they shouldn't leak petrol at all even when brimmed to the top of the filler neck...it could be a loose hose or even a faulty
fuel tank...

the fuel pump hasn't been replaced has it - the pump housing seal could be faulty!

unsure if this helps but to drop the tank I'm pritty sure you have to drop the rear axle (or at least that's what I was told when they refitted my fuel pump)

It may be just the aircon drain? I know when i had mine running on the drive it was dripping water from the area you are talking about.

It may be just the aircon drain? I know when i had mine running on the drive it was dripping water from the area you are talking about.

No it's definitely petrol, it stinks of petrol and its softened the Tarmac on my drive.