hello, new 197 owner near Folkestone

aaron-rs197

Paid Member
Hi all, me and the wife have just got ourselves our first ever hot hatch. its a 58 plate albi blue 197 with 23k miles. The test drive was amazing. Handling was insane! I think its got the cup chassis (has anthracite wheels and red calipers) will check the colour coding when we take delivery. xenon lights, but sadly no recaros!! I have read the excellent buyers guide that someone posted on here and I was wondering how do i know which transmission I have?

I have read on other websites that later 197s have VVT and i have read on others that it was only the 200s that have VVT.. Does anyone know which is true?

thanks

A

pic to follow once I work it out :tongue_smilie:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Welcome along glad your enjoying your 197 I don't know if your around on Sunday but their is a coast run through Kent Sussex and lunch at Hove meet at 10.00 at McDonalds Sheppey Way Bobbing Sittingbourne Kent

hi. not taking delivery of the car until sunday. its from a dealer just outside brighton so who knows I might see the coast run on my travels! i assume they will be following the A259 round to Hove?

Welcome buddy,

where are you based? Quite a few renault sports in the area! Hope to see you around.

- Will

Welcome along mate :smile: are you wondering what gear box you have? As far as I know if its late 57 or early 08 onwards then its the updated better one. Think they changed it mid way through the R27 making so I missed out :/

I saw you drive through dymchurch Sunday! I live in hythe and am always about...my dad owns the garage in dymchurch! So you'll deffo see it outside there!

Hello Aaron

yes that is me bud! And fairways ( John) is my Dad. Thanks for the positive feedback too!

The albi blue with yellow diffuser is ramsgate chris I believe....bet you can't guess where he's from? :wink:

just ordered some springs for mine today, can't wait to get them on!!