Heel & toe: tricks & info

Hello,

Until a few days ago I always blipped the throttle while lowering gear by releasing the brake and blipping it with my whole foot, which works fine for me.

On a track of course, it's far from ideal.

Problem is when I try heel and toe with the clio, I seem to have problems with the "feeling" in my toe, and I blip WAAAY to much :001_rolleyes:

Anyone got any tricks / info to do this with a 200 ?

200's are a little tricky to heal and toe in - mainly because it has an electronic throttle sensor so there's a delay in the revs from when you put your foot down, which is why you're over blipping it. And the pedals are a tad far apart. Much easier in a car with a throttle cable which is instant.

You'll get used to it with practice though, I found i just have to hit the throttle a little harder with the outside/side heel of my foot. And don't wait to hear it before you lift off as because of the delay you'll have revved far too much!

I find it easier to do when gunning on, when you're braking harder it's easier to blip the throttle as your foot will be closer to the accelerator if you get me. ie, when you brake lightly you have to roll your foot round further to get it to 'blip'. pressing down more on the brake means only a relatively small touch is needed

agreed with above the pedals seem to be designed perfectly for when hard on the brakes to blip the throttle. If driving slowly i find it hard to heel and toe but when gunning it flat out I find its not a problem and the car easily matches revs with a good stab of the throttle :smile: great design in my opinion :smile: