heal and toe

200cup andy

Platinum Member
what way do people do it in these cars. i tend to do toes on the brake and heal on the gas but it seems the pedal is a bit too far away even for my size 11 skate shoes and i cant blip enough to get the revs back up. straingly i was able to do it in the 200 i test drove

ive always done it on the last few cars ive had as its keeps the car nice and stable just wondering if im doing it wrong in this car

I do it the same as you and have no trouble with my size 9 shoes. The throttle does seem to take quite alot to get high revs though.

Only time would struggle is in low revs situations. Mainly because the throttle isn't instant.

I do it the same as you and have no trouble with my size 9 shoes. The throttle does seem to take quite alot to get high revs though.

Only time would struggle is in low revs situations. Mainly because the throttle isn't instant.

+1

The same thing here...

Skate shoes 200cup Andy ? You skate, or just like skate shoes ?

used to mountain bike.

etnes and vans are the only shoes i wear lol and i wouldnt be caught dead wearing nike airs lol

anyway ive heard some people on here saying about fitting some sort of throttle responce chip i cant remember what its called that would help the slowness

Sprint boost you mean ? They give better throttle response don't they ? No idea if it would help you with your toe and heal issue, but they are supposed to make your car a lot more eager. Etnies for the win !! Have a friend who works for sole technologies.... The parent company to etnies. Got lucky the last time I was over in Laguna and got a tour of their headquarters. I was very stoked ! :smile:

I only have baby feet, Size 7.5. :wink:

I find that braking with the inside of my foot and rolling my foot so the outside of my foot blips the throttle whilst the inside is still applying pressure to the brake pedal works well for myself. I've tried it with my actual heel and actual toes but as my feet are relatively small, my foot ends up literally sideways accross the pedals and it's very uncomfortable. The way I do it works just as well, but it can wear out the side of trainers pretty quickly. I've found DC trainers and OMP karting boots stand up well though. :wink:

I've also noticed it takes a decent stab to keep the revs up, it just takes practice.

I'm wearing Nike Air shoes right now :tongueout:

Well I mainly wear emericas and etnies and vans. But also like nikes. Have some nice old school air max's and am always on the look out for air jordens and whatever else I can get my hands on. Somewhat straying from the thread though. But don't mention shoes when I'm around. Its fatal ! :wink:

I'm surprised how the subject of shoes took off on this thread :/ bit worrying.
Regarding heel and toe, i'm trying to learn atm but am kinda struggling to find technique that works for me. I first started rolling my foot over but have recently tried the "correct" technique but didn't get on too well. Either braking too little or too much!
The other thing is that what are the actual advantages, i guess it smoothes out down changes, does it also save gear box? or is it macho stuff :smile:

It's better for your drivetrain as you don't have the jerk. Your mounts would last longer and won't lock up a wheel.

I took a while to get used to it but now it's like second nature along with left foot brake.

It's better for your drivetrain as you don't have the jerk. Your mounts would last longer and won't lock up a wheel.

I took a while to get used to it but now it's like second nature along with left foot brake.

As i thought.
And i've tried left foot braking twice, second time i'd forgotten why i hadn't done it since the first time, lol. BAM, instant stop! lol. If a kid runs out in the road i swear the quickest way to stop is left foot braking!