Harnesses and Recaros

Having not had a good look at the Renault version of the CS, can someone tell me if the release mech is in the harness slot?

We had a look into a problem in the VAG versions on 3-door cars after finding this sticker below. Seemingly the 3-door seat isn't harness approved due to the possibility of the tilt being actioned in the event of a crash. Is this the case with the Clio?

Fix seems to be stripping the seat and disabling the tilt mech or fitting a lock pin in the catch.

22052010025.jpg

TiltReleaseSchroth.jpg

Last edited:
Mental to fit harnesses without a cage. If you roll and the roof caves, you'll potentially be stuck bolt upright, with all that force heading towards your neck/spine.
If not getting a cage, CG lock is as far as I'll go.

u be having to absolutely batter the clio 2 roll it. ure not rallying are you?

No, 1 track day a month and a couple of Ring trips a year.

I don't intend on putting it on its roof, but it doesn't stop someone else spannering me on the track, obviously I'd not use harnesses on the road, they're a PITA.

PITA?

harnesses are fine on the road im having some fitted. but intend to strip out and roll cage eventually so i think itl be alright.

Pain in the arse.

They're alright, but you find yourself loosening them a lot to stretch and see out of oblique junctions, grab stuff out of the glovebox, reach certain switchgear.... etc etc. Then once you've loosened them, you're at risk if you get a surprise hit. You can get Schroth ones with inertia reels though, have a look into them.

I'm a bit of a safety conscious old git.

Much much better on the track though.

cant say i do much moving in the car. changing gear is the extent of it. i would keep my seatbelt in for normal driving though.