handbrake cable cost?

Hi, I've been quoted £140 to fit new handbrake cable. Does this sound about right? Told me around a hour and half job.
Thanks
Shelly

Yeah I was thinking that. Had a look online at part price and that's the same idea I had haha. Robbing swines. I'll give them a bell in the morning. Thanks.

Is that including the cable or just fitting ? I'm sure that's around what I paid for supply + fitting when mine was knackered and my garage are usually really good with me, I'd go check the invoice for you but the cars in the garage today having a noise looked at - damn things!

Reactions: shells2074
That's for part and fitting. Ok this brings me to the next question, the handbrake stuck on for a few minutes about 3 weeks ago but not had issues since. This garage looked it over last week and booked me in. Not really sure what I should do.

That's for part and fitting. Ok this brings me to the next question, the handbrake stuck on for a few minutes about 3 weeks ago but not had issues since. This garage looked it over last week and booked me in. Not really sure what I should do.
Surely if so smart you could do it yourself? lol

Welcome back, Shelly! I had the same work done last year - new cables and also rear discs that had been knackered because of the handbrake cables! Labour costs were £75 (inc fitting of discs), cables were £26 each side.

Also, when was the last time you had the rear calipers stripped and cleaned? That could be a cause of them sticking on too

Welcome back, Shelly! I had the same work done last year - new cables and also rear discs that had been knackered because of the handbrake cables! Labour costs were £75 (inc fitting of discs), cables were £26 each side.

Also, when was the last time you had the rear calipers stripped and cleaned? That could be a cause of them sticking on too
Hi Jimmy hope you're well.
I was wondering about that to be honest. How much is it to have them cleaned?

Similar Thread Suggestions