Hand brake cables

Where abouts are you located?

Not to worry, got two ordered from GSF to collect on Monday... Used wkd54 promo code for 54% off so total cost £16 :smiley:

Gonna take my old ones off tomorrow so I can offer them up at the shop, fingers crossed they will be right... They have some slightly more expensive ones in stock too so I've got two chances, lol.

Last edited:
Steer clear of Firstline handbrake cables. Bought mine from CES/Autosessive. Plastic coating over the cable isn't very resilient and the plastic ferrule on the end is too small to fit in the caliper

Steer clear of Firstline handbrake cables. Bought mine from CES/Autosessive. Plastic coating over the cable isn't very resilient and the plastic ferrule on the end is too small to fit in the caliper

Cheers for the advice, these ones from GSF are made by telco, can't imagine the quality is going to be great but for the price I'm not complaining, as long as they get car through the MOT I can always get OE ones from RPD at a later date...

Well I got both off today, not convinced they were OE ones to begin with as one of them has a blue outer sleeve? Seems a bit odd for a Renault item although they both look pretty identical:

DSC_0114.JPG

Managed to clean them up and get them working good enough for MOT although the plastic PTFE coating is all gone at the caliper end, if your doing disks/pads etc. its probably worth slackening the cable off from inside the car and giving them a good clean etc.

FYI these are the measurements for the cables I took off, LH one being the shortest:

upload_2017-7-16_20-53-21.png

Last edited:
These are the hand brake cables I picked up from GSF this morning:

DSC_0115.JPG

Not bad for £16, the caliper end has got a proper rubber gaiter on it and the clinch nut pops into the caliper hole with a little persuasion ok. The only down side is the clips on the handbrake end aren't quite as good as OE and for some reason the inner cable on the RH side was maybe a little short, although this could gave been poor production as the crimp had 5mm of cable sticking out the end.

All in all though they have gone on ok and the cars back in for retest this aft... :thumb:

https://m.gsfcarparts.com/731re9380

https://m.gsfcarparts.com/731re9370

Reactions: suj