H&R's Fitted

Here's my FF dropped by 35mm, this is a must have option!

b7dvza.gif
Front

o7t4qu.jpg
Back

1z6yxya.jpg
Before

1zcjqrm.jpg
After

The ride is also hardly any diffrent, not as half harsh as I was expecting.

Last edited:
Oh and btw, awesome pictures, really good with the half and half thing. Good to hear the ride is not much different, this would be the deciding factor for me changing the springs on mine.

I've had eibachs on my last 3 cars & I was worried that the H&R's were going to be too hard & too low, but I am more than happy with them and can't recommend them enough! All Renaultsports should be this low!

Only learnt to do the split thing today! They were my first efforts & it was done in MS Paint!

Looks really good mate and nice to hear they're not too harsh as that's one thing I'd been worrying about.

Looks so much better!

When you say they're not much harsher, what sort of roads have you driven on? Fairly smooth roads or some really bad surfaces too?

And did you fit them yourself? Were they difficult to change?

Does look good fella! Top job! I'd imagine the fronts were more of a pain because of the fact you have to take the struts out in the first place!

Mine were dark grey, don't know what the difference is with the red ones?

i didn't fit them in the end either, couldn't get into me mate's garage for a few week's & I couldn't wait! From what I was told the front was a bit of a pig, the struts were in there pretty solid. The back was pretty straight forward though. Think it took about 3 hrs.

As for driving road's I've been on lot's of different type's. The harshness is a little bit noticeable when driving slow-ish over a poor road surface, but this is far out weighed by the gains you feel on a nice B road or ring road, especially over FF springs.

I agree, it sits really nice! Seems like a good spring tbh. I would like to get in and drive a 197 FF lowered on these to see just what it feels like really. Some say you dont lose any comfort some say you do!

Mine were dark grey, don't know what the difference is with the red ones?

i didn't fit them in the end either, couldn't get into me mate's garage for a few week's & I couldn't wait! From what I was told the front was a bit of a pig, the struts were in there pretty solid. The back was pretty straight forward though. Think it took about 3 hrs.

As for driving road's I've been on lot's of different type's. The harshness is a little bit noticeable when driving slow-ish over a poor road surface, but this is far out weighed by the gains you feel on a nice B road or ring road, especially over FF springs.

think the red are 30/30 the dark grey are 30/40 and the black (not made anymore) are 40/40.but someone will correct me