GW 197 Cup - Corbeau Bucket Seat

Right i finally got my new seat fitted on friday. Took a lot more than i originally anticipated to get it to fit. I was hoping it was going to be a simple unbolt the original, plug in the recaro airbag resistor, bolt in the harnesses and then bolt the new seat in. :nope:

This was not the case!

First of all the recaro airbag resistor sold by capital seating doesn't work nor does it fit. 2 of the original seat belt fixing points use smaller than standard bolts so the new harness eyelets wouldn't bolt in and finally, the side mounts for the new seat didn't match up with the fixings on the floor so all in all nothing was going my way.

Im still working on the airbag issue at the moment, so the seat is all in but the airbag warning light is still on the dash. I managed to clip the harness to the original seat belt fixing points, this is safe but i still need to make it 100% by getting hold of some smaller threaded eyelet bolts or some schroth dogbone clip in adaptors and to make the seat mount to the floor and all match up i bought some steal box section ( 2 x 500mm length x 50mm wide x 25mm tall x 3mm thick )

With the help of my dad we then set about making the box section bolt to the floor of the car and the seat side rails fit perfectly on the box section to make it 100% safe and secure. After some measuring, double measuring and triple measuring the box section was ready to be drilled. To make it work we drilled a 13mm hole in the bottom of the box section and about a 20mm hole in the top, so that the bolt would go through the top and bolt the box section securely to the floor. Once we got both pieces of the box section drilled and bolted in the car we then test fitted the seat so that we could mark up where to drill the box section so we could mount the seat to it. (As it was going to be fixed we needed to get this perfect) Once this was marked out we unbolted the box section flipped it over the drilled the underneath with an 8mm hole for the bolt to go through and a 10mm hole for the bolt head the squeeze through. Once all the section was drilled we then set about fitting it to the car for the final time.

:thumbup1:The fit was perfect.

c27004ec1723e2008ea81a213a5f24f2.jpg

Ill get some better pictures up when i get the chance.

All i can say is what a great mod,really changes how the car feels to drive, so much better sitting down low really now does feel like I'm driving a go kart. The seat is so supportive and comfy and with the harnesses you can brake as hard as you like and you don't move at all in the seat, really looking forward to brands hatch in a couple of weeks now.

Parts used
- Corbeau Pro Series Seat (standard width) http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/seats/corbeau-pro-series-kevlargrp-seat
- OMP side mounts high profile 420mm long http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/seats/corbeau-pro-series-kevlargrp-seat
- Schroth 4 point Clubman harness http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/harnesses/schroth-clubman-ii-asm-saloon-harness
and some various bolts from demon tweeks to bolt it all together.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Did my first track day in the dry in the clio on Monday at brands hatch. It was awesome car was lapping so well all day, did around 140 laps and managed to get my laps down to around 1.01 1.02. New seat really helped to hold me in and the new low driving position makes you feel like your driving a race car.

Anyway ill have some pictures to follow and some more videos but here is one I've uploaded for now.

http://youtu.be/gTTKSc4FIbc

Nice vid mate, glad the coilovers are serving you well, :smile: I'm looking buy another 197 very soon, hopefully a white cup like yourself.

Good choice man I've had mine about a month now and they completely transform the car! Did exactly the same with the box section aswell.

image_zps6c88f79e.jpg

Had the box section all sprayed black now with blanking caps on the end just looks like part of the seat!

Last edited:
Cheers for all the comments guys, really liking the car my self at the moment, still got a couple more bits i want to do all funds dependent.

Got a couple of new pictures to share

enjoy

GOPR0008.jpg

GOPR0007.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

last one is my favourite too, if you look hard enough at the 1st and 2nd you can see the car is covered in rubber :smiley: must mean i was pushing hard

Will do buddy, I won't be able to for the next couple of weeks though as am on holiday, will do as soon as I can though

Awesome choice of seat. :smile: a lot of work though but worth it in the end by the looks of things. And the last pic on the track is unreal love it!!! Looks slammed lol